“Return Was Even Better” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Folly Beach B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“Return Was Even Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

WE had a wonderful trip here in the spring of 2012 and so thought a return trip in the fall was in order. This time we brought family with us and decided to stay in the new Villa (#1). I recommend the Villa as a really cost efficient means to bring your family together. With our 10% returning customer discount, we were able to stay at a really reasonable rate and have access to 3 bedrooms. The villas are beautiful, provide a lot of extra space and amenities, while still allowing you acces to all the amenities of the inn. I believe that everything was perfect. When we arrived the villa was not yet ready so we were driven on the golf cart down to the beach where we had a great afternoon. We called for pick up and someone was immediately there to bring us back--to a very generous happy hour with some great snacks and lovely wine (and Folly Punch which has more punch than one would think)! There were waters in the fridge of the villa, as well as coffee beans--little touches I appreciate. WE went out for breakfast the first day, but the second day we went over for breakfast and it was fine. This location is outstanding, beautiful views, close to everything, and just really nice people. Left my iphone charger and was contacted immediately and they are sending it back to me. Everything about this place is lovely--and especially all the staff who are friendly--but not obtrusive. So this was my second--basically perfect--trip to Folly Beach and to the Water's Edge Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
So glad to hear your return visit was just as good, if not better than the first time. The villas certainly are cost-efficient for bigger groups and you definitely have a lot of space to move around in them! Hope to see you again soon on yet another return visit. (And I can definitely tell you that charger of yours should arrive any time now).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Water's Edge Inn on our "mini-moon" as we called it. Like another reviewer said, I have no words to describe just how excellent our stay was. Every person who we interacted with, guests and employees alike, felt almost like family. From the free water in the room and downstairs to the homemade breakfasts, heated mirrors, comfy bed, happy hour, great conversations with Gena....everything was perfect. We set up a couple's massage through the Inn and it was just a short walk down the road. The two massage therapists were awesome! Paul, the owner of Water's Edge, told us about Captain Jerry and his sunset sails-everyone DO THIS. It was so romantic and fun. The inn is located very close to the beach and yummy restaurants so walking around was very pleasant. They also have a golf cart and bikes if you'd rather do that. The drive to downtown Charleston was very easy and accessible. Water's Edge Inn spares no detail to make sure each guest has the absolute best stay possible. I was sad to leave and miss it now! I hope to be back sooner than later and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. THANK YOU to everyone at Water's Edge!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you Kristin so much for that awesome review! I remember you talking about the great massage each of you had and how relaxed you felt afterwards. The sunset sail is something I'm glad you got to experience while you were here and would recommend it to others. Captain Jerry is wonderful and we love sending guests his way - so happy to hear you had such a wonderful time with him. We're always trying to touch on those little details to make our guests stay as perfect as it can be and it sounds like we've done it this time. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future - don't forget to mention your return guest 10% off discount also! Aloha.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I have visited Folly several times and refuse to stay anywhere else because its our home away from home. The location is great, close to the shops and the beach. The service was awesome and the ambiance of the inn is incomparable. Would recommend this place to any and all who are thinking about visiting the Charleston/Folly area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thanks Anthony for that awesome review. We love hosting return guests - must mean we're doing something right!! We do strive for the highest level of customer service and making your stay incomparable to that at other locations. Look forward to seeing you again in the future. Aloha!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I struggled with writing this review because words can't begin to cover how wonderful our experience at the Inn was. We wanted to plan a destination wedding for just the two of us and spent months on google. We had never heard of Folly Beach before. We typically go to Key West every year and just wanted to try something different. Which was scary since we wanted to get married.
From my first e mail inquiry ( and I had sent others to different places from Fla to Tahoe) I knew this was the place. Every question I asked was answered by the next day.. No matter how big or small. I had the "warm and fuzzy" instantly.
I called and spoke with Gena to book our trip and the ceremony ... She handled everything.
When we arrived at the Inn, which was beautiful, I will admit I was unsure , only because I had never stayed at a real B and B before this. But after my first happy hour and chatting with Gena I was hooked! I felt like we were visiting with close friends or family, but with more privacy!
Our first room was the Mrs. Rhodes on the main floor. This had the full screened in balcony which was awesome. We moved to the Atlantic 2 days later only because we booked a bit late and there wasn't one room available for our entire stay. We grossly over packed but they took care of moving everything without compliant. The Atlantic was a bigger room with a larger bathroom, but we did miss the balcony. Both rooms had fireplaces which we used to fall asleep, and a sound machine with ocean noise playing (which I'm still missing!). They provide water in your fridge each day, which we found to be a nice little perk.
It was wonderful to wake up to fresh coffee and a little breakfast spread each morning. The happy hours were great with your choice of beverages and snack-y foods.
The girls were all great and quick to assist with anything from directions to recommendations on food or places to visit, but we have to admit we had a particular affinity for Gena. She clearly loves her job and it comes across in everything she does. I didn't worry about a thing with the wedding because she was on top of everything. Once again, words cannot do justice to Gena and how she special she made both our visit and our ceremony.
We have stayed at some of the pricer resorts in the Keys and the rooms at the Inn are just as nice if not nicer, and they do not have a Gena!
I am very picky when it comes to the cleanliness of a room and the rooms here were pristine.
I know this was a very long write up but i just can't say enough about The Waters Edge and staff... They are perfect. We are already trying to plan a return visit.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you for your kind and thorough review. Gena is definitely an irreplaceable member of our team here and I'm glad she, along with the rest of the staff, made your time with us so pleasant and memorable. Planning weddings big or small is stressful and we're so happy when we can take that weight off the guests' shoulders so you can then just focus on enjoying your special day. Hope to see you again soon - now that you're a return guest you'll get our 10% discount off your entire stay, or if you ever refer anyone to us instead you'll get 15% off your entire stay. Aloha!
Carlstadt, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here before moving into my new home in Charleston. It's wonderful. Very comfortable, beautiful view. Staff was helpful and accommodating. I used the hot tub more than once. Breakfast and Happy Hr was great. Will recommend my friends who visit me in Charleston to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your great review, we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. It sounds like you took full advantage of the 24 hour access to our hot tub along with the homemade breakfast in the morning and happy hour in the afternoon, that's wonderful! We always appreciate guests who refer others to us and so be sure those guests you do refer mention your name. They'll get 10% off their first stay and you'll receive 15% off your next one as well. Aloha!
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at the Water's Edge Inn 9/22-9/27 and what a wonderful stay it was! We had the top floor room called the Pacific. Really comfortable with a beautiful view of the inlet! Especially loved my "ocean sounds" at night right on my night table! Loved the whirlpool tub with the rain shower above! The location of the Inn was in a quiet part of Folly Beach which was much appreciated. Rides to the beach in the golf cart were one of the high points of the trip. Gina took us and picked us up, and it felt like we were the only ones she had to cater to!! Everyone working at this lovely Inn was more than happy to help us with anything we needed. We used the hot tub more than once, and it was wonderful. Breakfast and happy hour were great! This Inn was a real find, and we had a great time. Would definitely come back again!

Room Tip: Loved the Pacific room. Really quiet on the top floor. However, you have to be able to climb 3 flig...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your great review Judy! The Pacific is a wonderful room and definitely offers the best view of the marsh and river. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our many amenities and it sounds like you capitalized on that golf cart shuttle service - good for you! Hope to see you again in the near future. Your 10% return guest discount will be waiting for you, and I don't know if you heard, but if you refer new guests to our inn, they'll receive 10% off their first stay and instead of the standard 10 you get 15% off! Aloha.
Chapin, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

A swimming pool, even a small one, would make this place perfect. The Hot Tub should have been a "next best thing", but it was out of service.The staff were wonderful. Happy hour was okay, could use a Chardonnay in addition to the Pinot Grigio. Breakfast was enough to get your day started.
However, Our room was small, cramped even, so I would not recommend the Mrs. Rhodes room, not even large enough for a chest of drawers in which to put your clothing, so you had to live out of the suitcase or use the somewhat inconveniently located shelves in the closet (with no light). This room is close to the common area so it is convenient, but also noisy in the morning if your goal was to sleep in...this one is not for you. We did get a look at a top floor room and it would have been what we hoped for. Very disappointed as the Rhodes room was recommended by the person taking our reservation, not exactly what we wanted for a 30th anniversary second honeymoon.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms convenient but small with only 1 place to sit and nowhere to put your clothes. Th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WatersEdgeInn_12, Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We're glad to hear your overall stay was pleasant and you considered the staff wonderful. That's always a great thing to hear. We appreciate your feedback regarding the Miss Rhodes room and I'm sorry it wasn't the room best suited for you. We try and ensure guests receive the best room based on availability and their/your personal preference and so we hope to see you again so that you can enjoy that Pacific room, with all that great space as well as the hot tub which is now back up and running! Be sure to mention that 10% off rate you'll receive next time you book as a return guest. Aloha!

Been to Water's Edge Inn? Share your experiences!