“She crab soup” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Oyster Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Description: Relaxed laid back Island Restaurant. Featuring Local Grilled, Steamed & Fried Seafood! Outside Dining & Raw Bar. Voted # 1 by Folly Beach Local's & Voted Best Seafood Spot, Southern Living Magazine,2012. Live Steel Drums every Thursday night! Relax, Slow down, It's Folly Beach!
northwest
“She crab soup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We ate here twice during our visit. The first time we had the buckets of seafood. The shrimp and the crab were wonderful as were the corn, sausage and potatoes I wish their had been a bit more seafood but it was still really good. The next time we went we all had she crab soup and salad.... heaven! This is soup I will dream of. Nice live music ,good food, drinks and service .

Visited June 2013
LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you & Thank you!! We love to all feedback! It is the most awesome thing for someone to take the time out of their day to say what they loved about a restuarant! I am so proud of my Chef, Greg Fowler & his amazing staff! They put the majic touch in the she crab soup. We are also proud to support the Hollands Cancer Center with the proceeds for our she crab soup. Let us know the next time you are on the Island. Ron Hill (Owner) Folly Beach Crab Shack

“Good food; good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went to the Crab Shack for some crab, so we were pleased with the menu. My father-in-law ordered a steam pot that included oysters, and it was not clear on the menu that those would arrive to the table unshucked. We come to a restaurant to have food served to us, and cleaning and cracking crabs is expected under the circumstances, but shucking oysters is a learned skill that we do not possess. Thankfully, our waitress took them to the kitchen and brought them back properly prepared. We enjoyed our dinner, and the patio setting was nice. I wish there'd been live music the night we went.

Visited June 2013
Thanks for your review. I am so proud of my staff! They are more like family, and I watch them everyday go above and beyound! They all share my passion with servents hearts. I will pass along your kind words. I would alos like to know the team member that went above & beyound to praise & reward them. Thanks. My cell number is 843-437-2546. Sincerely, Ron Hill
Sidney, Ohio
“Lunch stop with kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great service and seafood. casual atmosphere and great place to stop with kids or without them. I would definitely return again

Visited June 2013
Thank you so much! We hope to see you and your family on your next visit. Ron & Staff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Food was fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went here on our first night. The food was fine, but the bar atmosphere was a little unimpressive....slightly dirty feeling...which I don't enjoy when dining.

Springfield
“Food OK, But Facility Needs Work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The seafood was pretty good with an adequate selection, but the facility is worn and dirty. The staff appeared to be generally young, but hard working although understaffed. A storm came up while we were there and the staff worked like crazy to get the plastic curtains down and secured and then went back to serving while soaking wet - dedicated.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the food & service. I promise you that I will address any issues with the place being dirty on your visit. Please contact me personally at 843-437-2546. I would welcome more feedback on your visit to insure that I address all issues. Thank you in advance, & I look forward to talking with you soon. Sincerely, Ron Hill (Owner) Folly Beach Crab Shack.