“Very good, except for a minor detail” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 27 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Oyster Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Relaxed laid back Island Restaurant. Featuring Local Grilled, Steamed & Fried Seafood! Outside Dining & Raw Bar. Voted # 1 by Folly Beach Local's & Voted Best Seafood Spot, Southern Living Magazine,2012. Live Steel Drums every Thursday night! Relax, Slow down, It's Folly Beach!
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Very good, except for a minor detail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My family was in Charleston looking for housing for our freshman daughter (yeah, school starts in less than a month and she doesn't have a place to live, yet!). I had the fried shrimp and flounder, my wife had the grilled shrimp, oldest daughter had the crab cakes, youngest daughter had the shrimp salad. Everything was very good, except that my french fries were cold when the meal was brought to the table. I still rated the restaurant as very good, the french fry thing wasn't enough to bring them down to average. Service was good, our waiter Bryan was prompt and checked on us continually. I will go back again, but will probably substitute something else for the fries.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Went for lunch and the sandwiches were great and the calamari is awesome best around Charleston! Neat place and service was great.

Visited July 2012
“"Fresh" catch of the day...FROZEN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I really hate to write bad reviews. This will be an exception. It is one thing if a restaurant will try and correct the problem. Lets face it in life there will be the "bad" dining experience. If a rest. will make an effort to correct the problem I think you should let it go. However on this occasion I feel a civic duty to let you know that you should walk passed this establishment. You could get better seafood at the frozen food section at wal-mart. My "fresh" catch of the day was frozen. When one of the staff asked me how things were I was kinda honest and said "ok". I wanted to say horrible. She inquired as to why it was just ok. I asked the question if the fish was fresh and she explained that it was caught fresh and quickly frozen. Huh? It would be one thing if it was say 10.99 or so for the plate, but 18.00! Tourists are the life blood of all beach towns why would you rob them? My wife had Shrimp and grits. Shrimp were fresh but not de-veined and the grits were lumpy. Vegetables were likely marinated in Salt. Our meal for two was 50.00 bucks. I work way to hard to take another chance on this Tourist trap.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rwalterh, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I wanted to take a moment and let you know that I take all reviews very seriously. I also want to offer you an apology for your experience and I will look into all issues. With that said, I would love the opportunity to make it up to you and your guests. We have always and will always offer a 100 % satisfaction for everyone that feels that we fell short. Here, I feel as though we did. Please feel free to contact me personally at 843-437-2546. Sincerely, Ron Hill
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Only a short wait and the staff was very friendly. I ordered the Grilled seafood platter and it was delivered very fast and was delicious! Definitely recommend it!

Visited July 2012
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Wonderful restaurant. It's has a great beachy feel that you don't get with a chain. Love the fresh local seafood.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere