“Charleston surf lessons with Josh was awesome!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

1 Center Street, Folly Beach, SC
Website
Improve this listing
Atlanta
“Charleston surf lessons with Josh was awesome!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I live at Folly beach and have enjoyed watching Josh and Ryan take someone who has never surfed and have them standing and riding the waves within a few tries. Within about fifteen minutes kids and adults are surfing the waves!!!! My fifteen year old daughter wanted to try it out and had a wonderful first experience. Josh is very much a professional surfer but is also very patient and encouraging to his students. Cheering and positive, as he offered an experience in the water that makes his students want more...... My daughter is hooked now on surfing and excited about the summer...... and buying a surf board!!!! I'm so glad that she took the lesson from Josh and learned the correct way so that it was enjoyable and not frustrating. Thanks Josh!! See you on the beach!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
“I felt like I was "Mark "Cutback" Davis or Bob "Jungle Death" Gerrard"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Josh is a great teacher. He gets you ready on land and then keeps giving tips and advice in the water. My wife and I caught a bunch of waves, it was the highlight of our trip! We will be back and would recommend to anyone headed to Charleston.

Visited May 2013
“I might just become a surfer now! Highlight of my vacation!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had an awesome experience when I spontaneously decided to take Josh up on his offer for a lesson. I didn't know what to expect but was surprised at how quickly we hit the waves and successfully rode them!! Josh was very encouraging and helpful which boosted my confidence and helped me surf well! Such a great time and no regrets! Highly recommend!!!

italy
“so fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My daughter and I had a great time with Josh! She is 9 and he really quelled our nerves. She keeps walking around the house saying "if you look at the beach, you go to the beach." Hilarious. She got up multiple times. The price is terrific and he has a great personality.

Visited May 2013
“Charlston Surf Lessons made our vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Josh was an amazing teacher and had such a great attitude towards helping us learn. He had me standing up immediately and catching waves on my own in no time! Best part of our trip hands down!