“Great Food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Another hidden gem in Folly Beach! The grits were unforgettable. Great breakfast, great coffee! Very enjoyable!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“Was one of my favorite spots, but not a fan of all the changes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I discovered Black Magic Cafe when we were staying at the Water's Edge Inn on Folly Beach for our honeymoon. Less than a year later, we were living in Charleston. We loved the feel of the place. It was casual but unique... had a great selection of smoothies and hearty breakfast food. I loved getting coffee and treats to go and enjoying them on the beach. On a recent trip back, we noticed that there were quite a few changes. The place has turned into more of a cafe/diner feel. The menu changed... they added "craft" beers which are not really craft beers... and now they have a bunch of generic signs on the walls, whereas they used to have local art that you could purchase. The wait if you do want to take something to go is much longer than it used to be, but overall, I feel like the place lost some of its charm. It's still one of the better spots on Folly, but I miss what it was.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mills River, North Carolina
“Culinary Magic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This unique building draws you in and once inside, great menu selections. I always eat seafood at every meal when at the coast and both my friend and I had different, yet delicious meals. Don't miss it.

Visited May 2013
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Love the atmosphere and coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just a great place to go hang out, have coffee, and enjoy some pastries! Emme loves the smoothies and the t-shirts are cool (got one last year and it's one of my faves).

Visited July 2013
Troutville, Virginia
“Great place for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Excellent food, friendly servers. We were a party of 6 that was seated quickly. It was not your typical breakfast menu but everything we ordered was delicious.

• Visited July 2013