“Awesome find!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
“Awesome find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Drove by it on way to the beach. Looked kitschy and beachy. Stopped on way back, so glad that we did. Everything was fresh. I had grilled shark, my daughter had the shrimp. Great value, lots of food, hushpuppies, fries,green beans and cole slaw plus drink. Under 35 bucks. Sat in a 3 season porch over looking the wate. Staff checked on us alot to see if we needed anything . Differently would go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Richmond, OH
“Great, fresh fried seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Generally fried and fresh don't go together, but in the case of the Sandcastle, they go together well. This is an annual stop while we are in Folly.

I had the fried seafood basket (deviled crab, oysters, flounder, shrimp and scallops). My sign of good food is the amount of sauce I have to use and at the Sandcastle each year I have to use very little tartar or cocktail sauce. This tradition started with my father wanting fried clam strips and they have consistently excellent clam strips year after year.

My sons had fried shrimp and not a complaint from either.

They do have grilled options.

This is a small restaurant just off the main island, but is definitely worth the trip. This year it was raining and we weren't able to sit on the deck this year, but if it is not too hot and humid the deck is a great option.

Visited June 2013
Mascot, Tennessee, United States
“Great food, atmosphere and price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We ate here the last night of our honeymoon in Folly and were so pleased! The price for the seafood was excellent for the amount of food you get! Great place! Sit outside if you can :)

Visited June 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Great Food & Kind Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great visit and well worth the stop. Jimmy serves good food and I was pleased. The shrimp could have used a bit more seasoning, but I will gladly overlook that because I enjoyed the serviceso much.

Visited June 2012
Chapin, South Carolina
“Quaint but Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is not an upscale restaurant. They have a screened porch for dining if desired. with pIcnic tables being the choice on the porch. There is also inside dining, but we chose outside by the water with a nice breeze. The food is fried -- but delicious, very hot and fresh and served by a personable waitress. The shrimp was the best I have had in the area. Warning -- it is a CASH ONLY place so be prepared. We will certainly visit Sandcastle again.

• Visited May 2012