“Enjoyed ambiance” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Charleston, South Carolina
“Enjoyed ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ate on outside venue with fireplace. Noisy bikers coming by somewhat a distraction but overall the food was good if a little pricey. Service was excellent given the crowd. I would go back.

Visited April 2013

59% Recommend
“More than it seems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

When I saw the menu for this place, I was terrified. The menu is organized in a strange way, and I thought we were getting bar food. I was happily surprised when our food came. It was great! My husband really enjoyed the crab cake sandwich because it was mostly crab and it had a fried green tomato! My shrimp and grits had too much gravy, but it was very tasty. Overall, the drinks were good, and the food was a wonderful surprise. On another note, we could hear the live music from our condo nightly, and only once was it something that I would listen to. I expected that the Charleston area would have more talent, but if they do it's lost on the Shrimp Company.

Visited June 2013
Sidney, Ohio
“family meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Excellent service and food. Our 7 year old insisted we return a couple of days later. The seafood was excellent so we didn't argue with him long

Visited June 2013
Tennessee
“Good food - Terrible night atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

First the good. The food was excellent. Probably the best shrimp of the trip. The beers were cold and the service was great. As far at the resturant end, you couldn't ask for more. Now, the bad. The night scene was AWFUL. We're both around 30 so it's not like we're one foot in the grave but this place was not for us. Blaring music. Loud, obnoxious and rude bar patrons. I guess this is the "club" spot on Folly. If you came for a nice, relaxing dinner and drinks keep walking. If you're a 21 year old wearing plaid shorts and a visor this is probably the place for you. We will not be returning. If I owned this place there's a handful of drunks that would have been asked to leave.... Seriously, they were *screaming* and cussing at the TVs and it was a BASEBALL game, the second slowest sport only to golf. Not a good experience at all. I only gave this place 3 stars because the food and service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't be fooled by the outside!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Its a bar like appearance on the outside with delicious food on the inside. The scallops were tender, the shrimp blackened just right and the crab cake was meaty. The delivery was slower than what we are used to but we didn't mind the wait... it was worth it.

• Visited May 2013