“Typical bar food, costly for what you get” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Grill and Island Bar

The Grill and Island Bar
41 Center St, Folly Beach, SC 29439 (Formerly The Grill on the Edge)
+1 843-633-0143
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 28 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: The Grill and Island Bar is casual Folly Beach dining at its finest. Our menu offerings focus on fresh, local ingredients prepared with a fun, Folly twist. Enjoy grilled and fried fish and seafood, burgers and artisan sandwiches, light bites, salads and flatbreads. Eat indoors or on our huge covered patio with a cool ocean breeze. Then grab one of our signature cocktails and kick back to listen to local, live music and take in the breathtaking scenery. Open 7 days a week, serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
Charlotte, NC
“Typical bar food, costly for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband, friends and I went for dinner at The Grill and Island Bar on a Tuesday night. Since it was just after the main tourist season and before a holiday there were very few customers. We had our choice of outdoor seating but, be prepared the mosquitos are everywhere. Wear ample bug spray! Our server was very accomodating and helpful. Our food did come fast but, it really was nothing special. It was typical bar food. Nothing inventive or exciting on the whole menu compared to similarly priced restaurants on Folly. I had the grilled shrimp wrap which was not very notable. The fries were pretty tasty however. My husband and a friend both ordered the flatbread and be warned it is an appetizer at best. It was literally no larger than the size of your hand for $12. We ended up going across the street to Woody's to grab a slice of pizza afterwards. I would stay clear of this place unless you want a drink and nighttime entertainment.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Freehold, New Jersey
“Great place for music and food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Food was very good - waitress was good. Yes I would go back. Nice drinks - a bit small. Nice outdoor seating with NO SMOKING!
Perfect place to kick back.

Visited August 2013
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at The Grill and Island Bar, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are happy you enjoyed your time at Grill and Island Bar. We hope you will join us again very soon.
“Night out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I would rate this as average, service was average,food a little over price for what we had. Place needs a good cleaning, tables and benches were sticky.

“Pretty good overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We took the whole family. The pesto flatbread was great. The pesto pasta was very oily, but had a good flavor. The Gouda and bacon Mac and cheese was great. The fried flounder and shrimp platters were good and very large in portion. The BBQ coleslaw was deemed bad and weird by several. We sat outside to listen to the bluegrass band which was very pleasant. Prices were as I expected for a beach place, but $12 for a plate of pasta seems a little steep.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Avoid!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Horrible food and service....Flies are everywhere and place in not well kept!!!!!! We were informed that the place was under new ownership and as locals we can see quality has gone down hill. Frozen fried green tomatoes? Who does that?

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
LCH076, Owner at The Grill and Island Bar, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Douglas, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I assure you I will look into all issues and address each one. I will also look into the fried green tomatoes as well, as we order all our produce locally through Lime House produce. I know we are better than what you have experienced, as you can see from our most recent reviews. Please feel free to contact me personally as I would love the opportunity to make things right. I know we are better than what you have experienced and look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Jason Craig, 843-633-0143.