“better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Florence

You added Super 8 Florence to your Saves list
Super 8 Florence
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1832 1/2 W. Lucas St., I-95 Exit 164 Behind Shell & Huddle House, Florence, SC 29502   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Florence
Rockingham, North Carolina
“better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

wasnt too sure with some reviews I've seen, but a friend stayed here in March so we tried it. I made reservations online, AAA rate $57. simple checkin. I had requested a ground floor room and got one. the AC was not on when we got there, so it took a little bit to cool down. the weather was muggy so it was warmer than usual. room was clean, bathroom was clean, carpet appeared to be ok. a couple of lights, the on/off switch did not work and the bulbs were just unscrewed, but after figuring that out, it was fine.

the room walls are a little thin tho. I started smelling smoke about 11:00pm and got worried!!! after looking around, and out the window, our neighbors had decided to cook out!!!! the smoke was blowing our way. funny thing, once I new what it was, it didnt seem to bother me!!! their kid was still up and screaming at midnight, which was very inconsiderate, but nothing against the hotel.

for guests with dogs, there is not hardly any room to walk them. there is a strip about 2-3ft wide between S8 and the hotel next door. next door they had a bigger area at the back so I used that!!

overall, very satisfied, no problems.

Room Tip: if you get a ground floor, be careful of the first step! its a brick level from sidewalk and room f...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milford DE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Was okay for a place to lay your head and get up and go the next day. Had no handicap rooms available for my husband who had a broken ankle, but it served the purpose.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a great place to stay on your way to and back from Florida from the north. Easy off and on to the freeway. You have to be aware, that the motel is behind another building out of site, and you may miss it from the road. We have stayed there many times on our trips to the south. It makes for a short day for your last day on the road, if you are headed to the Orlando area. Great breakfast. Waffles. Good selection. Only two concerns. The unit(125), that we stayed in, the carpet was very sticky. Be sure you wear your shoes, or slippers. Second, dining area wayyyyyy tooooo small. We were there at 6am, and had to stand to eat. Reception and eating area, need to be expanded for the travelers....Lots of eating places within walking distance and fueling stations.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the bottom floor, and be there early. If not, you might have to carry your lugg...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I did not like the check in system, I understand security is an issue but how about a buzzer system rather than standing in a hallway and talking through the glass. The price was a little too high. The room smelled of smoke. The blanket on the bed was so thin, it was see through. The shower was stained, as was the shower curtain. The sink outside was a nice, clean area though.

• Stayed March 2012
Jessup, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

For the price - you can't beat this one. The room was spotless and the linnens were just as clean. Quiet for the busy location- had a great nights sleep. Terrific waffles at the continental breakfast. They need to have a small refrig for the butter and milk. Only complaint and this not a big deal - if you're 6 fot 3 or more, the toilet seat is a long way down, and worse if you have bad knees. Don't pass this one up.

Room Tip: For the money, It just don't get much better!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I know you might be saying, this is just a Super 8, but it is a decent hotel with a good staff. We stop at this hotel every time we go up and down RT 95, which is about 6 or 8 times a year. Each time we have been very happy with the room, even though you can hear the noises from outside, it has always been clean and well equipped. Each room has a small refrigerator, and microwave. They have replaced all of the room air conditioners with new units that are quieter.
In the morning they have a breakfast bar from 6am - 9am with cook your own waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, juice and coffee and much more. The staff is very friendly and willing to help in every way. Give them a try.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Pfafftown, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We had checked in and my son was sitting in his car listening to music when a man, a woman and their large dog (like Old Yeller) approached his car to tell him he was in their parking space. My son apologized, moved his car and remained in his car. They walked over to his car, circled it a couple of times when the man said, "I know what you're doing here. You might as well give it up. I'm giving you 3 minutes to get off this property." My son tried to explained to him that he had no clue who he was or what he was talking about, that he lived in another state." Long story short, my son called the police, so they went into their room which was directly below ours, giving my son time to report them to the office and to come back and tell me what happened. He said the desk clerk appeared indifferent and told my son not to start any trouble on his property and that these people stayed there often. I had told him to asked for another room on ground level on the other side of the motel but the clerk sucked his teeth and was not going to comply until his co-worker intervened, because we had "messed up" the first room, requiring maid service before he could rent it again. The couple and their dog left before the police came, but we did get their plate number for the police. The motel personel never, ever checked on us or asked if all was well following the incident. On another note: I used Clorox wipes to clean the phone, desk, etc. because the room was dirty. A light bulb in both rooms were dead. The wall outlet was not secured, so it fell off when I plugged in my phone charger. The toilet handle was hanging out of the tank, so we had to push it in to flush the toilet. The room smelled like urination. The towel rack was hanging at a 90 degree angle off the wall. I kept expecting the towels to slide off into the toilet. LOL. Oh, we refused maid service to sleep in so when my son went later to get fresh towels, he met with nasty attitude. Total waste of money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Florence? Share your experiences!