“Has all the bases covered” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Florence

You added Super 8 Florence to your Saves list
Super 8 Florence
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1832 1/2 W. Lucas St., I-95 Exit 164 Behind Shell & Huddle House, Florence, SC 29502   |
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Florence
Drexel Hill, Pa
“Has all the bases covered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stayed in this motel for 5 days on a golfing vacation. The room had a minifridge and microwave, and a comfortable bed. The heating and AC worked fine and the room was clean. The breakfast had hot and cold cereal, bagels,toast, and a working wafflemaker.
They could have had a minfridge for the milk in the breakfast area. We would definitely stay here again as it satisfied all our needs.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

After traveling for hours, we checked in at around 11:30 pm. We asked for a room w/2 double bed, we ended up in a room at the back of the hotel. This is truly a prostiution ring. Not worth bringing your children to. You could hear women in high heels walking up and down the stairs, vehicles pulling in and out, knocking on hotel rooms upstairs and downstairs. So much activity, it's literally dangerous. Not worth your money for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Super8FlorenceSC, Owner at Super 8 Florence, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
As the owner of this property I can confirm that this is and has not been an issue at our hotel. We have no similar complaints at the property, through our Super 8 customer care or on JD Powers, where we are ranked as a consistent A level hotel.

We regret any circumstances that may have led to this misconception.

Thank you.
Mount Airy, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I stayed here in Oct 2009. The room was very clean, plenty of soaps and shampoo , good linens and bed. The front desk was freindly and had a free breakfast with waffle machine ,cereals, toast and pastries.
This was my first time staying at this hotel. Would recomend this one.
The price was under 50 dollars with free breakfast and wifi included.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
SE GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

Had to wait for the person to come to work that could sign out rooms. She was a half hour late and brought her lunch. We waited while the non-english speaking guys kept saying "about 5 minute".
Finally got a room which was actually quite nice and clean.
Next day I tried to use my credit card at Walmart and there was a fraudulant charge on my account for some online thing.
Prior to staying here I had a zero balance and this was the only place I used my card. Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that some dirty no good at the hotel used my credit card info. Front dest, maintenance, housekeeping. Who knows but I will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Jackson, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

I have to say I was pleased with this motel. The room served it's purpose... a place to sleep and shower. I booked this motel because they had a vacancy and they were cheap as well as close to Darlington (maybe10 miles). After a nine hour ride and being up for over 24 hours I was very tired upon arrival but check in wasn't for another five hours. The man at the front desk had an open room, he cleaned it imediately and allowed me to take it five hours early at no additional cost. The room was simple, Two queen beds, fridge, microwave, and a TV with cable. It was clean and we had no problems at all (can't say they same for our friends who stayed in other hotel/motels in the area). There were plenty of places to eat. Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuseday's, and a bunch of other places are all within walking distance. Fireworks and discount cigarettes are also within walking distance.
Overall this place isn't the Ritz Carlton but I was very happy with the staff and the room

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 Florence? Share your experiences!