“Sad to See That Such a Great Hotel in 10 Years Has Gone Down the Toilet” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn

You added Sleep Inn to your Saves list
Sleep Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1833 Florence Park Dr., I-95 & US 52, Florence, SC 29501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 40 Hotels in Florence
Pearl River, New York
“Sad to See That Such a Great Hotel in 10 Years Has Gone Down the Toilet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have stayed here on a few occasions with my parents, my grandmother and great-aunt when we traveled to Florida to visit my aunt. The last time I've been to this hotel was in 2004 when I came down to pick up my grandmother and great-aunt. It was still as lovely as it was the visits the year or two before. However, here we are ten years later, and I'm shocked at the condition of the hotel. Not only does the carpet need to be cleaned in the corners because you could see a white dust line along the edges of the room, the carpet needs to be replaced in the hallways. The bathroom (shower/toilet area) needs a MAJOR upgrade and they should have left the nice light wood wall units in the rooms. It made more sense. The dark Bohemian style furniture with the original dark navy carpet with gold print on it makes the room look extremely dark, unwelcoming and frankly dirty. I am totally disappointed with this hotel. The entire hotel should have a complete face-lift to restore it to its original beauty. As I said, this visit was disappointing. I would NOT recommend it to anyone and I am shocked and surprised of the Sleep Inn brand of Choice Hotels. Choice needs to give this hotel the upgrade it needs considering its perfect location off I-95.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Ed K

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This is a decent hotel for just a sleep over during a long trip.

Affordable room rate too.

Location is not the greatest.

Continental breakfast does not have to many selections but it was okay just to put something in your stomach for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014
Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Spent one night here on our way back from Washington. Left the room for 15 minutes to go have breakfast. Came back and IPhone and all my cash was gone. $ 380. Shouldn't have left belongings in the room but trusted room service. The lady who cleaned the rooms was two doors up from us and saw us leave the room. It was the perfect opportunity. I hate to narrow it down this way but I had a key, and SHE had a key...that pretty much says it all. I called the manager of the hotel and she was very apologetic and felt terrible. It is not her fault. It is mine for leaving my valuables in the room and trusting their staff. Just be careful !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank smokymtman80

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is your basic off-the-interstate hotel. It has an efficient staff, satisfactory bedding, some conveniences, and a quick breakfast. It is not plush, but a perfect location when you are just driving and need a place for the night.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, ask for the first floor since they do not have an elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 3seals
Hickory, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great for an overnight stay and if you only need a place to sleep. It was also fairly clean and very quiet. Unfortunately, wireless was extremely unreliable and I could get no online work done in this hotel. It dropped out every 5 minutes. If you're staying in this area for an extended period or are spending quite a bit of time in the hotel, I would probably look somewhere else.

Room Tip: King beds are fairly comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Westwood, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We have stayed here as an overnight on trips south for several years. After reading some mixed to negative reviews, I was nervous to come back. But this location is so convenient, it's hard to match.
The check in was courteous and fast. The room was spotless with a fairly new clean looking carpet. Never heard a sound all night, slept soundly in a clean, comfortable bed
Breakfast area was clean and well attended to with a decent selection, some hot choices.

The only reason I could not give it a 5 star rating was I have to acknowledge that the hall carpeting on the main floor and coming up the stairs to the second floor should be replaced.
But no smoky odors or any stale smells detected.
So, I will keep using this hotel as my southern overnight stop until they give me a reason not to.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Topics4me
Alcoa, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed for one night as a sleep over driving to the beach. I thought this hotel was clean and well kept. The front desk was nice and the price was great. Nice Pool with two palm trees. Can't ask for more than that. Would return again if in the neighborhood. Wish they would keep breakfast open longer than 9am. Missed it all together.

Room Tip: Close to the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends