“acceptable stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn

You added Sleep Inn to your Saves list
Sleep Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1833 Florence Park Dr., I-95 & US 52, Florence, SC 29501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Florence
florida
“acceptable stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed overnight at this Sleep Inn on a road trip. The bedroom was clean and appeared to have been updated somewhat recently. The bath was clean but completely worn out. Further, I had forgotten about the configuration of Sleep Inn bathrooms - the sink and vanity are in the room itself and the shower/toilet combo room is TINY. The layout isn't the best for not disturbing sleeping children. The price was right but I probably wouldn't stay there again until the baths are redone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place served the purpose (a one-night stay on a trip from Florida to New England). Check-in was quick and the front desk staff member was pleasant. There is a lot of traffic outside the hotel, so there is nothing that you could really walk to (which is nice when you've been in the car all day). The room is OK, albeit a bit small. It would have been nice to know that the pool was "closed" upon check-in. The website says they have a nice, "relaxing" pool, and the guide in the room says that it is open from 10AM-10PM, but when my wife, toddler and I put the suits on and ventured down to the pool there was a sign on the door that said "Pool Closed." There didn't seem to be any maintenance taking place or anything else. Went to the front desk and were told that the pool was just closed, no explanation why. There are definitely better places in the area, with, I'm sure, more upfront information when you check in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My fiance & I stayed here for 1 night on our way to Florida from Maryland. It was great for what we needed. We got in late bed was comfy woke up nice bathroom for me to get ready in & we were back on the road.. as a choice employee I paid an employee rate and was very satisfied, we will return every year when we are on our drive to FL

Room Tip: king bed suite was nice looking at the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Port St. Lucie, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I've been coming, off and on, to this Sleep Inn for the past 18 years. Unfortunately it has gone 'down hill'. The carpets are the same as 18 years ago - and it looks and smells to be 18 years old. My latest 'encounter' was 17MAY12. Around 01:00a.m., I saw a BIG creature crawling the wall, coming from behind the TV area. I mentioned 'my visitor' when I checked out, that morning. The employee pulled out a 'BUG MAN' tablet, which had atleast 12 other complaints of bug problems in their guest rooms. The employee thanked me, gave NO restitution and handed me my bill. I'll pay it, but won't go back there again.

Room Tip: Try another hotel in Florence. There's at least 10 others to choose from...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Overall hotel is nice area is decent the front desk people are just rude . Rooms were clean beds are firm so if u don't like a hard bed then don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2012
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and was satisfied with most everything.
Sleep Inns are a bit tight on room size but that was OK with me as I wasn't spending much time there other than to sleep.
Breakfast was OK but could have been better. I walked next door to Shoneys for breakfast on the second and third day.
Over all, it was a good stay and I have nothing negative to say about the place.

Oh, and the charge for the safe in the room........... had no trouble getting that removed from the bill as I didn't even know they had a room safe and wouldn't have used it anyway.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Locust Grove, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed several times but starting having a run-in with the morning desk clerk over the safe charge. Wrote the motel and manager apologized and asked to give it another chance. So I did and had another run-in with the same clerk, so won't stay there again. I am a choice hotel member.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!