“Clean Comfy place for overnight stay on the way to Floriday” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Florence
Wilmington, Delaware
“Clean Comfy place for overnight stay on the way to Floriday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

We spent one night at this hotel on our drive to Florida. Most importantly this place was very clean! There are many hotels just off I95 and this was certainly a clean place to grab a few hours of rest. I'd have no problem staying here again next year on our way to our from Florida.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Nicaela, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
We are so pleased your stay was enjoyable in "Our Country!" When you are in the Florence SC area again, come back to see us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Stopped here on the way to FL. The non smoking room smelled like smoke. Awful! It was after 11 pm & we were tired and decided to deal with it. The women next door were drunk and foul mouth but they left at midnight to go out so we fell asleep. They came back at 5 am and one girl locked the others out so they were screaming and banging on the door. we called the desk but they couldn't get them in so they called the room with no luck. Eventually took the girls to another room. We couldn't fall back asleep and the children were upset.
Breakfast was edible. We ate and ran out of there as fast as we could. The new Comfort inn would have been our first choice but they had no vacancy. I will never stay at a country inn ever again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Nicaela, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
We want to sincerely apologize about your experience at our hotel. We take great pride in taking care of all of our guests. Please contact me so that we can have the opportunity to redeem ourselves with you and your family. I can be reached at 843-317-6616.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

We were traveling from FL to VA and we normally stop at the Country Inns and Suites in Santee, SC. This time we tried to make it a little farther and stayed here. The girl at the front desk was nice, but she appeared to be the ONLY person working in the entire hotel! We waited for her to finish helping someone at the computers in the lobby for check in. After arriving in our room I called to remind them that we had requested a crib/playard, She told me I would have to come get it. My two older kids and I went downstairs, followed her to the work room at the end of the hotel and carried it back (it kept coming apart). Later I attempted to give my 2 year old a bath (very important since she had been car sick earlier) and the stopper wouldn't work. Called same girl and she said she would get a maintenence man...then called back to say there wasn't one and suggested we use towels to block it!! My husband was not happy and asked for her to adjust the rate, which she did. Asked for an extra pillow and was told to come get it again. The room was OK, wifi was a pain to get on. In general it was just too much trouble to stay here, especially when the Comfort Suites down the street looked so much nicer!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Urbanna, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

We had booked another hotel online for Feb 27 not realizing how close to I-95 it was. Since we had picked up the coupon books at the SC welcome center and it was only 4pm when we arrived, we decided to look around and liked the location of this hotel. It is convenient to I-95, but far enough away so that highway noise is not a problem. It is also far enough away from the TA and Pilot truck stops for a quiet night, too.

Rooms are all suites, very comfy, with fridge and microwave, but we could clearly hear people in the adjacent room talking. Turning on the fan/heater would fix this problem.

Breakfast is a notch above cold cereal with waffles and sausage gravy biscuits, pastries, bagels, yogurt, etc.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

Condom wrapper beside bed, sheets and pillow cases dirty, white stain on comforter,hair on sheets. Told them to change all bedding and they changed all but blanket. There is always hair on floor in bathroom. Window broke asked them to fix came in next day not done, said they did not have work order on it. Always have to ask for towels and wash rags. Asked for a towel and they tried to give me a floor towel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Arcadia, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Our family was on a tight budget for our road trip home from NJ to FL, so I wanted to check into a Country Inn and Suites as I can receive a discounted rate through my company's corporate code. Florence is about half way for us. I couldn't book the corporate rate over the phone (only on the website) so I was quoted a price of $80+tax over the phone. When we arrived there about an hour later I was greeted by what I assume was the manager (a different man than the one I spoke with on the phone). I mentioned that I was disappointed I couldn't use the corporate discount and he then offered me the "coupon" rate even though I didn't have a coupon. I paid a total of $72 for the best room I have ever stayed in, that slept six!! We travel on a budget since we have four children, so I cannot afford luxury, five star hotels, but I have paid much more for nasty rooms with other hotel chains. I was SOOO impressed. The staff were polite and on top of things. The room was the cleanest I have been in. You can tell they were thorough when they cleaned the room we stayed in. The room slept six, my husband, two teenagers and two younger children--two queens and a pullout sofa. The pullout wasn't large, but large enough for two children. There were extra pillows and blankets in the closet for the sofa bed. Any family of five or more will appreciate a $72 room that will hold five or six without the hassle of being told that you need another room. Beds were comfortable. A/C worked great, a little too well. It was on low when we got there and was comfortably cool. When we put it on high, we were almost frozen. The free breakfast was good, no omelets or anything (there were biscuits if you wanted to heat them up and hot sausage gravy in a crock pot), but my kids love their cereal, muffins and bagels anyway. Good bread for toasting, the cereal was NOT stale, bagels, muffins, yogurt, boiled eggs, toaster waffles, juice and milk. Just grab what you want, eat and get back on the road--I didn't have to stop and buy breakfast for six (my kids thought it was cool to make up their own breakfast anyway) and I didn't have to wait around. Even the location is great, when I ran out for some fast food in the evening, Taco Bell across the street and McDonalds on the same side of the road, I didn't even have to get on the main road to travel 1/4 mile to McD's. Just jump out on the side road--literally 15 seconds down the road. I didn't notice what other restaurants were there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
oviedo, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

So I stayed here after getting an awesome rate on Priceline. It was a good stopping point driving from Orlando to NY. Check in went good, my mother got some cookies and said they were delicious. When we got to our room we immediately smelled smoke (non-smoking room) and a musty odor. Both my mom and I are asthmatic, so we had to get another room. Both rooms seriously needed a redecoration. The carpet was worn and fraying at some edges. The wallpaper was peeling at some areas. The fridge and microwave looked like they were from the '80s (although they did work fine). I just got the vibe that the room was just not...clean.

When I approached the staff where an Old Navy store was (I heard there was one nearby), they had no idea what I was talking about. They must not live nearby? Anyways, the gave me directions to a shopping plaza in the opposite direction. I eventually found the Old Navy using my gps (which I should have used in the first place). I went to the local Food Lion and their food prices were atrocious! 50% higher than where I live. I should have gone to the Piggly Wiggly which was only a little bit further, next to the Old Navy. The continental breakfast was adequate. Nothing to write home about, but nothing horrible. All in all, I would have gone to a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2008

Been to Country Inn & Suites Florence? Share your experiences!