“A Hotel Motel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 38 hotels in Florence
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Hotel Motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2004

This apparently was not an original Marriott property. The sidewalks/balconies and all floors were literally sinking on one side of the property--VERY UNSAFE. The only enclosed-security entrance rooms (hotel rooms) were located on the 3rd floor. All of the other rooms can be entered from the outside i.e. Motel. Free continental breakfast was the only amenity....won't be staying there again.

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Cary, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2004

Made a reservation at the Marriott Fairfield Inn in Florence to attend a graduation. I should have trusted my first impression (expect more from Marriott) and gone to the Courtyard Marriott down the street or at least checked the room first. It looks like Marriott purchased the property to be right off the interstate. There is a sign above the building that says "new rooms". For a basic room when you've been travelling all day, this will be fine. I just hoped for a more relaxing room given the name. Since I travel single I like some pampering perks. The room was very small and plain, the beds doubles, and the bathroom almost claustrophobic. It was clean, I'll give it that. Had plenty of towels but there was water leakage on the floor behind the commode. Could have been when the maid finished cleaning as she was a couple doors down when I came out; I can deal with that. The pillows were difficult to sleep on, hard foam. I had a bigger room for less money next door on my last trip (Holiday Inn Express). Back to the bathroom: While taking a shower (with minimal water pressure) and fighting to keep the shower curtain off me in the narrow tub, it dawned on me that I was paying for the name, Marriott, and not for a "Marriott" room. Maybe I'm jaded, staying in Hilton's around the world, but I value money and want my money's worth. Now, the staff was very nice and the clerk who checked me in also called me in my room about 30 minutes later asking if everything was okay in the room. I said it was since it was, basically. Personally, I want a shower curtain that doesn't attack me and a larger vanity to lay my girl stuff on. For the same money, stay at the Holiday Inn Express right beside it. I'm trying Hampton Inn or Courtyard Marriott next time. Will write an update after that. Oh, brand new Hilton Gardens will be nearby in 2005.

Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2003

We got pretty much what we expected from a hotel in this price range--a clean, safe, well-appointed room. Pluses include a staff that was very friendly and helpful. It's conveniently located near a shopping mall and near numerous restaurants. The only negative is the continental breakfast. The breakfast seating area is tiny, and the selection is very limited, it seemed to be bagels, juice, milk and coffee only. Do yourself a favor and get a real breakfast at the Huddle House or Waffle House across the road.

Been to Fairfield Inn Florence? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn Florence

Address: 140 Dunbarton Drive, Florence, SC 29501
Location: United States > South Carolina > Florence
Ranked #24 of 38 hotels in Florence
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn Florence 2.5*
Enjoy our Southern Hospitality at the beautiful Fairfield Inn in Florence, SC. We are minutes away from Darlington NASCAR Raceway and the Florence Civic Center. Enjoy a day of shopping at Magnolia Mall, within walking distance of the hotel. We have a brand new lobby and new breakfast area where you can enjoy a delicious Hot Complimentary Breakfast. Our rooms have soft, comfortable beds and Flat Screen TV's. We feature interior Executive rooms with microwave and mini refrigerators located on the 3rd floor. Come relax by our outdoor pool and work out in our fitness room. We offer friendly exceptional service with comfortable rooms, great amenities, and complimentary high speed wireless internet access. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Fairfield Inn Florence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn Florence Hotel Florence
Fairfield Florence
Florence Fairfield Inn

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn Florence, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.