“Good Deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Florence
Lexington, South Carolina
“Good Deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I like the idea that you can have an internal or external entry room. Staff were very friendly and inviting. Price and location were just right. Clean hotel with good customer service. I'm in Florence about 4 times per year and will stay here again! Have found my home away from home when in town! Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tina M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Florence, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Your feedback is so appreciated! We love to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. We enjoyed hosting you and anticipate seeing you again soon- Your NEW Fairfield Inn Florence family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Spent a night here driving back from FL to NJ. Definitely not your average Marriott, but I wasn't as grossed out as everyone says they were. Rooms were basic, showed age but not awful. Staff was accommodating and very friendly. Would keep in mind for a cheap room while traveling, worth the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tina M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Florence, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I want to thank you so much for providing your feedback about your stay with us! I am glad you found the hotel a good fit for your hospitality needs. Safe travels and stop by again soon!
Thomasville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Front desk had many excuses after not having my reservation in the computer. They blamed third party booking agencies such as Expedia, Bookit, Travelocity, etc... for overbooking them. Surely they realize that these are reputable companies. Anyway, they tried to charge me again after I had already told them I prepaid for my room through Bookit. It took over an hour to check in after driving all day from Philadelphia. The desk clerk was apologetic for the error. However, it shouldn't have taken 1 hour to get checked in. We wanted to stop halfway before heading back to Georgia. Big mistake. After the check in fiasco, the room was very small. The bathroom made me claustrophobic. I haven't seen a room with a big air conditioner unit in the wall in decades. It was hard to find the place since no lights were on, The Fairfield Inn signs were not on. The king bed could barely fit between the night stands. The room was clean. That is the only good thing I have to say. Otherwise, it was just somewhere to lay our heads to rest after 9 hours on the rode. I will not make another stop here. I expected better quality than this from a Marriott brand.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hotel is in terrible shape. Noisy room, terrible odor in hall. Large spider in hallway on the way to room. Didn't feel secure. Had issues with the manager, when I tried to address the condition of the hotel. We prefer Marriott properties, but will take this one off our list for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tina M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Florence, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, however, I am deeply sorry to hear you had a rare experience at our wonderful Fairfield Inn. I am the General Manager of the property and was not aware of your experience until your post on TripAdvisor. Since it is that muggy time of year in SC, we were having some issues with humidity in one of our hallways and unfortunately it sounded like that is what you experienced. We are one of the first Fairfield Inn's ever built and are dedicated to taking care of the property that we take pride in. Maintenance works very hard day in and day out to make sure our property is up to standards in good condition.

We honor, appreciate and take care of our Marriott Rewards travelers, and I would have been glad to upgrade you to another room had I been aware of your unfortunate circumstance prior to your departure. Please let me know next time you are in Florence, and I will personally upgrade you to one of our Superior Interior rooms on the 3rd floor and make sure you have an excellent second experience!

Tina Middleton-General Manager
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is an older hotel with smaller sized room and an older type air conditioner that was very noisy. Commode room was tiny. The elevator is located just inside the door with the front desk well beyond which made me a little uncomfortable for security but - - - bed was comfortable, breakfast standard Marriott fare. I was going for the Marriott points however would not stay here again. There are better choices in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband lives in Myrtle Beach and I currently live in Fayetteville and we decided to choose to stay with the Fairfield Inn Florence on our 2nd Anniversary, since it was about the half way point for us. We were so pleased with everything about this property! When we walked in, to our surprise, the lobby was beautiful and brand new! Our check-in was smooth and simple. The front desk was knowledgable about the surrounding restaurants and recommended a great steakhouse for us to celebrate at. When we came back from dinner, they offered to take our picture to capture us on our 2nd anniversary (see attached). We stayed on the 3rd floor, in an executive king and absolutely enjoyed it. We were happy to see they had a mini fridge where we could chill our champagne and also had a microwave where we could heat up our leftovers from dinner. The bed was comfortable, temp in room was nice and cool. The next morning we had a HOT breakfast together..they had eggs, sausage, potatoes, fresh fruit and everything else! After breakfast when we were checking out the staff was in the lobby singing a Fairfield Inn song during their morning huddle, which we thought was really neat and brought great energy to the property. Let's just say, we left on a "high note" and we would HIGHLY recommend this property to anyone traveling to the Florence area! Also, great location since it's right at the mall and walking distance to Mellow Mushroom, Outback Steakhouse, and many other restaurants. We will be coming back to stay for sure!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Spend a little bit more to stay on the 3rd floor executive rooms! Interior access, more spacious, fr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alliston, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the first Fairfield I have seen with outside corridors. I think Marriott should take their name off this one! Rooms was pokey and musty. Definitely would not stay here again.
The one plus is that it is close the the highway and a few restaurants.

Room Tip: There isn't one at this property, go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in our hotel and do apologize you felt your stay was less than satisfactory. We are one of the first Fairfield Inn's ever built, so the first two levels do indeed have exterior corridors, however you can choose to stay in one of our Executive Rooms on the 3rd floor, which are interior access only, if that is your preference. We do hope you stop over next time you are in the area and give us a second chance!

Management

Been to Fairfield Inn Florence? Share your experiences!