“Reply from previous comments” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Florence
Travel Inn
You added Travel Inn to your Saves list
1811 West Lucas Street, Florence, SC 29502   |
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Florence
“Reply from previous comments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Hello my name is Will and I'm the GM of the Travell Inn. And I would like to thank those who posted positive and negative comments I appalogize for the unpleasent expierance of the latter group the hotel has been aquired by a new entitie and is becomeing Americas Best Inn we are making every effort to live up to our new name Americas Best Inn we are commeted to providing our guest with a comfortable stay and pleasent exppierance and the.highest standard in the industry as well as real value for their money please try us out. Americas Best Inn 1811 West Lucas street 8436658558.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in while visiting a sick relative in the hospital. Waited to see if there was a vacancy, while my husband waited for any staff to appear. The gentleman who came up front after waiting quite a few minutes, was very friendly. He photocopied my husbands id and credit card. I don't understand why the photocopy of the credit card, but okay. We finally pay and go to the room. There was a problem opening the door. It was stuck. After a few minutes of struggling with the door, we went inside. The room was very cold and dark. Tried turning on a light but had trouble finding one that worked. We turned on the heat to start warming the room, and it did heat up after about an hour. The floors are filthy, and the baseboards have staples hanging from them. We immediately saw a roach, and all I could do was point to it. My husband commensed to getting rid of the critter. I was afraid to use the outlet because it looked broken. We had extras like refridgerator and microwave but the microwave was filthy! Then again, so were the chairs, curtains, beds, sheets..etc. tub and toilet stains. Remnants of toothpase in the sink. Cobwebbs on the vents and celings. A nasty brownish colored gob on the shower curtain. Curtains we had to make close because they were broken..and let's not forget the neighbors two doors down, standing outside cursing, drinking and smoking when we arrived. Oh, and a special treasure, a condom box in the parking lot. Yes, this place is cheap and I understand you get what you pay for. BUT for $40.00 to stay 4 hrs I would've at least liked a clean, roach free room.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Read all the bad reviews but I think they got bought out by someone else but its clean at least for now I was treated very well lobby was clean rooms were very clean hope they can maintain it I will stay here again if I'm in the area just give them a chance itaintain it

• Stayed January 2013
Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This hotel was once an EconoLodge; I remember staying in it once when it still had that name and having a pleasant experience. A couple of years later it had changed hands and become the Travel Inn. At that point the wireless password was the same one I'd used when it was the EconoLodge. The room was still in pretty good shape, though, so OK.

This last visit, however, was a different story. There's a banner out front proclaiming "New Management" and, to be fair, it's possible that this happened in the few months between the previous reviews and this one. However, the situation hasn't changed much.

My experience at the front desk was unremarkable. They didn't photocopy my ID or my credit card, and the guy at the desk was pleasant enough, if noncommittal. The sign with that "15 minutes" rule (among others) is still on the wall, but it wasn't mentioned to me specifically. He gave me my room key and, when I asked what the wireless password was, he told me that he didn't think they had wireless anymore. Erm...ok. What do you want for a bargain motel, i guess.

As it happened, the key (one) he gave me didn't work in the door, so I wound up going back to the front office and he made me another. This key worked, but I kind of wish it hadn't.

Earlier reviews made comments about the cleanliness of the room; this didn't appear to be an issue. However, the hotel clearly hasn't been very well maintained since its EconoLodge days: carpeting was beat up and needed to be replaced. The electronics to the key lock were exposed on the inside; the deadbolt wouldn't throw and the latch didn't have both pieces, so there was nothing to latch to. The room was cold, so we turned on the heat. The unit was very noisy and blew tepid air at best. I returned to the front desk and told the clerk that this room wasn't going to fly. He asked me what was wrong and I told him. He did offer me another room but I didn't think my wife was willing to try (neither was I, by that point), so he gave me a refund.

For what it's worth, we didn't see any unsavory characters lurking about on this particular Friday evening.

Based on the technical trouble the clerk had with issuing the refund, and something he'd said to the person who ultimately helped him, I do believe that the place is under new management. However, they're going to have to do an awful lot of work before this hotel returns to anything like its previous state.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cottageville, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Roach bugs in the tub, stains everywhere you look, stains on the sheets, trash in the toilet, trash in and on the floor, rude staff, staff in denial that the place needs to be shut down. No toilet paper, soap, towels, dresser drawers are broken, phone didn’t work. I didn’t want to touch anything. I was so mortified on how bad it was. I wanted my money back . I was told that I couldn’t I had to call the general manager which was a complete lie. She processed to tell me that after I sign a contract that 15 minutes after I couldn’t have my money back. They had already copied my id and credit card and had other peoples hang up in the window for other people to see. I was very mad and disgusted with the staff services and rooms. I really suggest that health services needs to be called in to inspected them. I really pray that I get my refund back to my card because bbb is going to be called anyway.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Baldwin, Ga, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I booked this hotel for two nights to go to the race. They copied my driver's license and credit card. This was the most horrible hotel I have ever stayed in and since I have been to all but four states this is saying a lot. The rooms were filthy, no toilet tissue, holes in the walls, drapes were filthy, doors were not secure. I would not go to the pool because every thing else was so nasty. There were people living there that looked to be prostitutes and druggies. This place should be condemned by the health dept. The manager charged myself and the couple with us $202. for two nights, then later the same man charged a couple with children $69.00. The room my husband and I were in had roaches and spiders. I sat down in a chair after covering it with a towel that I bought and the chair came apart. The drawers in the dresser were falling apart. They didn't bother to clean the room or offer fresh towels. We had to get a new key card when we came in from the race because the one we had no longer worked. When checking out I complained to the manager, he very rudely told me he ran a million dollar a year business.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DeBary, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

DONT EVER STAY HERE!! WARNING THE rooms are in horriable shape. There is no air becuse the wires are tape together. There was spiders and webs in the coners THe furiture had holes in it . The pitures they are showing IS FALSE. some of widows have duct tape on. VERY VERY unsafe need to be shut down. AND THEY HAVE DONT CARE!!! THEY GOT YOUR MONEYCharge 100 $ becuse of the race. Whouldnt give any money. are lost.

Room Tip: dont stay here bad bad bad
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!