“Very very good food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Very very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a beautiful new restaurant inside and out. The food came very quickly and it was delicous. Our server was wonderful. They make guacamole at your table in this great cart. Good prices on food and drinks and they have a very nice outdoor seating area and a patio to eat on.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“High Quality Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The food is flavorful, presented nicely, and the ambiance is elegant and upscale but still casual. It is a little pricier than most Mexican restaurants but worth the visit.

Florence, South Carolina
“Awesome Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Much nicer than any Mexican restaurant that I've ever been to. Service is hit or miss. Food has always been good. Drinks are typically awesome, a bit over prices however.

Visited March 2014
Darlington, South Carolina, United States
“We were extremely surprised that the food arrived very fast, looked too good on the plate to eat, and smelled delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

What a nice surprise! My husband and I have been waiting to go to this restaurant for quite a while. It just opened this year and every time we drove by, the parking lot was always full. To be honest I am not a big fan of Mexican food even tough it is the closest flavor to my home land food, just because all the Mexican restaurants in the area have the same menu and do not offer too much originality. This is not the case of San Jose Tacos and Tequilas. We went in, we waited no longer than 10 minutes and we were seated. It was a Thursday night. The place is beautifully decorated Mexican/Spanish style. The servers are mainly Hispanics and very friendly. We ordered drinks and an appetizer and they arrived promptly. It was hard to decide what to get because the menu was extensive and everything looked good, also because it showed many original dishes. I did have to order one oldie because I have not eaten it in a long time “Camarones al mojo de ajo”. My husband ordered “Tacos with Chorizo” We were extremely surprised that the food arrived very fast, looked too good on the plate to eat, and smelled delicious. The portions are not as big as other restaurants, but I had to admit that the “Camarones al mojo de ajo” were the right size for me and delicious, topped with avocado chunks. My husband received two tacos on his plate. Overall it was a great experience. We paid $43 for two adult dinners and one child. I forgot! I ordered a Sangria, the presentation was beautiful full of fruits, but I did not taste the wine. It was so strong it went to my head. The people next to us ordered “Guacamole”, the cook made it in front of them and it looked so fresh, tasty, and original. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blue Hill, Maine
“This is Going on Our Travel List”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

A nice lady at the visitor's center told about this place, said it was a new location for a local chain that was her favorite. It is now one of ours. First, let me say that part of the great experience was our charming and adorable waiter, Efrain, who brought a lovely positive energy to the table. We had the guacamole, not ever to be missed! They make it right at your table. That was my favorite part of the meal. The margaritas were superb, both the caliente and the corzon moderna (?). We tried enchiladas, chile relleno and tamales. Every bite was great. The enchiladas are very straight-foward, chicken is just chicken, no cheese inside or other embellishments, very authentic, the sauce perfect and not over done. What a good bargain, combination plates at $8 or $9, fancy drinks at $9 or $10. It is difinately on our list of stops off I95.

• Visited January 2014