Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327
Ranked #14 of 38 hotels in Florence
Maumee
“Very Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

We stayed here on the way to Myrtle Beach and got a room for a really good rate from one of those traveler coupon magazines you pick up along the freeway.
Check in was a breeze and the hotel property was very clean. My kids and I absolutely loved the pool, a good size, nicer than I imagined. Very friendly people that work there.
The complimentary breakfast buffet was well attended and featured sausage gravy and omelets which impressed me. Not all holiday in expresses I've visited offered as much.
As far as location it is on a main highway what they call the gateway to Myrtle Beach so it was perfect for our purpose. There is a Zaxby's right next door which we tried for the first time which was pretty good. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, very nice.

• Liked — Friendly staff, Clean, nice pool and breakfast.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edmore, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

This hotel seemed quite new and the rooms clean. The location is a bit far from town but seemed worth it for the newer accomedations. The front desk was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reston, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2008

This is a very comfortable and quiet motel, with a better breakfast than most -- and excellent value if you use the coupon in the discount booklet available at the South Carolina welcome centers. The entrance is a bit hard to find after dark. Drive past the Wendy's/Pilot Gas operation and turn into the drive for the Pee Dee Technology Park, which is a divided road. Enter the motel parking lot at the first left. If you're exhausted from driving, the Pizza Hut in Florence will deliver.

Stayed January 2008
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

Comfortable large clean king room with nice bed and linens. Huge soft towels. Attractive reception room with a tasty breakfast and delicious warm cinnamon buns. Friendly and efficient front desk. A great stopover in an area that is not hectic. However, the only eating spots nearby are McDonalds and Wendys.

• Liked — Value and location
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

We stopped here on our way back to PA from Florida. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and very nicely decorated. We will stay here again on our next trip to Florida.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

This was a stopping point on our way to Hilton Head, SC. The clerk @ the front desk on the night of March 31, 2006 was absolutely wonderful in his attitude and professionalism, especially considering he was the ONLY one working when we checked in just before 10pm. The hotel itself however, leaves a little something to be desired in terms of cleanliness and comfort. Our first room had hair on the toliet seat in the bathroom and we were quickly and kindly given another room but much to our surprise, we had the exact same issue in that room! With no other rooms available, we cleaned it to the best of our ability and tried to settle in for the night. Unfortunately, the mattresses are paper thin and quite uncomfortable but somehow we managed a few hours sleep. With Holiday Inn's name on the front, I expected more and got much less!

• Stayed March 2006
ocean city maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2006

We stayed at this hotel last year on our return trip from Florida and because there were so many of us we needed a suite that would accomodate all of us and since the hotel had been very clean we decided to stay again. Last year I prepaid with advance reservations and the person at the front desk asked about charging my credit card and I had to point out that it was already paid for. This year I had bank statement with me just in case because I charged it to my bank visa and figured if they questioned it I could show them. Nothing was questioned when we checked in - in fact the nice gentleman said he saw where we were paid with advance reservations and gave me an extra pillow and that was the end of it. I thought we had a nice stay until I got home and got a call from my bank a few days later that I was being charged overdraft fees and they were holding checks that they might return come to find out all because this hotel charged me again. When I called they said they put a hold on the card which I don't understand when it was already paid in full but it was supposed to be released when I checked out and they didn't know why it wasn't. She was nice enough and called my bank to release the hold but no offer was ever made to pay the overdraft charges they caused or even an apology. Needless to say next year we will stay somewhere else. The hotel is nice but the problems with extra charges aren't worth it.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327? Share your experiences!