“New Is Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Florence

You added Comfort Suites Florence to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Florence
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2120 West Lucas Street, I-95, Exit 164, Florence, SC 29501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Florence
S E Pennsylvania
“New Is Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

The Comfort Suites in Florence is a fairly new hotel so you would expect everything to appear that way, new. And it is. It’s nice to stay at a hotel that hasn’t changed names a dozen times.

The lobby and breakfast areas were comfortable. The fitness room worked. The parking was adequate. And the room itself? Nothing wrong. Like I said, it’s new. A refrigerator is a great addition to a room and they are becoming more common all the time. The hard part is determining the right temperature setting on the dial, so we always bring a small thermometer to keep the food just right overnight.

Actually, the heating/AC controls were confusing. Wall mounted, digital controls should be easy to use but not this one. The old-fashioned style dials on the actual units were always simple to operate. Of course, you only find those types at hotels that have changed names a dozen times. But, this one was a challenge.

The only other negative aspect was check-in. The poor young woman behind the desk was trying to help a caller who must have insisted that a certain rate type was available for a room. After an awkward amount of time went by, the call ended. In the mean-time a line had gathered at the counter. Fortunately, I was first in line and the clerk did a good job holding her composure. It sure would be nice to have 2 clerks behind the front desk, especially during peak times.

Overall there is not much to improve on here and I would consider staying again, but keep in mind this is not the Waldorf Astoria.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I encountered major problems when trying to use my Choice Priveleges points for a stay at this hotel. I made my reservation through the Choice Hotels website. I had a confirmed reservation for an accessible room with two beds. I requested this particular room type, because I was traveling with an 86 year old in a wheelchair

We arrived at this hotel at approximately 4:00 PM. I checked in and was directed to a room on the second floor. I was shocked to find that the room was not ready. All of the bedding was piled on top of the beds and the bathroom was not cleaned. I went downstairs and told the desk clerk that the room was not ready. He insisted that the room was ready. Again I requested another room and the clerk reluctantly assigned one to me. The second room was clean, but not what I had reserved. I went back to the front desk and told the clerk that this room was not what I reserved and needed. He checked the computer and reported, "You have the room you reserved." I showed him my email confirmation and again asked for the correct room. He responded, " It doesn't matter what your paper has on it. We go by what is in our computer." He called the assistant manager. Again I explained the situation. The manager said, "Too bad. There is nothing we can do. We don't have a room for you." I asked if they could provide lodging at another hotel. He called Choice Priveleges. I spoke with the representative at Choice Priveleges. All she could offer was an accessible room at another Choice hotel to the south for 2,000 points more or a room at a Choice Hotel, 47 miles to the west for the same points. I found these options unacceptable. She forwarded my call to Custome Relations. I explained my situation to the Customer Relations representative and exprressed my concerns about the uncaring, rude and argumentative nature of the staff at the Comfort Suites. This representative called the Comfort Suites staff to verify some information. He instructed me to obtain lodging at another hotel and forward the bill to Choice Hotels for reimbursement.

Luckily I was able to find lodging at a neighboring hotel. The staff there was very helpful and did everything in their power to enusre a pleasant stay at their hotel.

This Comfort Suites looks like a very nice hotel, but has some serious issues with customer service and treatment.

• Stayed May 2010
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

I stayed overnight in Florence en route from Connecticut to Florida. I looked at a number of options and was very lucky to have chanced upon the Comfort Inn and Suites. The hotel is new so the price was right. When I saw the room I was surprised it was under $100 for the night. (See attached photos). Breakfast buffet included fruit, yogurt, cereal, bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles, muffins, bagels, etc but impressively one worker was continuously present making sure the breakfast area remained cleaned and well-stocked. I wish I had taken a photo of this area as it is much nicer than similar hotels. I would definitely stay here again and wish I would chance upon similar hotels more often! It might also make a cozy romantic weekend getaway for a local couple.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

New hotel, very clean and beautiful room. Would stay here again. Nice staff.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

This hotel has it all together. From the friendly and helpful staff to the fresh popped pop corn in the lobby, to the fresh baked cookies at the check in counter, the clean rooms, to the wonderful pool and hot tub, everything in this hotel was terrific. It's location is just off I-95 and there are plenty of places to eat in the area. The hotel also serves a lovely breakfast, free of charge. I'd definitely make this a stop whenever it's on my route.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

We choose this hotel because is was just passed the half way point for our drive to Florida. It is a brand new hotel and the rooms are lovely, sparkling and clean and very well appointed. The room we booked was a 2 quen beds with a pull out double sofabed. It was huge for our family of 5. The bathroom was very large and perfect for our family. The TV was a rather large flatscreen, we also had wireless internet and the breakfast the next morning was super. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Florence? Share your experiences!