“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Florence

You added Comfort Suites Florence to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Florence
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2120 West Lucas Street, I-95, Exit 164, Florence, SC 29501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Florence
York, Pennsylvania
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stopped here in our drive from Florida to Pennsylvania. The lady who checked us in was super sweet, the hotel lobby was bright and cheerful. They had cookies and coffee for the guests. Our room was perfect- with the sofa bed each of my children were able to have a bed while my husband and I also had our own. The price was also very affordable.

• Stayed October 2013
Sharonda H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing such an awesome review. We greatly appreciate your comments. We strive everyday to be the best so it is wonderful to receive such a glowing recommendation. Thanks again for sharing and we look forward to the next time we will have the pleasure of providing your overnight accommodations. Have a marvelous fall!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Green Cove Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay, would recommend highly to everyone! The staff was professional and friendly and the room is immaculate. The lobby has been nicely done and the breakfast had a great variety. We would go out of our way to stay again whenever we are passing through South Carolina.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing experience. We appreciate your kind words. We strive everyday to be the best and it is nice to know that our efforts left such a positive experience with you. Thank you from all the staff here at Comfort Suites, we appreciate the pat on the back and we look forward to when we will have the pleasure of hosting your hospitality needs again. Have a wonderful fall season.
Bucyrus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed one night on the way to the beach. Newer hotel that is neat and clean. It has a pleasant and inviting atmosphere and friendly staff. Wonderful breakfast choices are available. Also there are several restaurants close. Convenient to route 95.

• Stayed September 2013
Sharonda H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for that Awesome Review! We appreciate your positive feedback and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Please remember us on your next trip through!
Marianna
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I didn't have a reservation, and when I went to the front desk to check in, they told me the lowest rate was $95.00 a night. When I said that was too expensive, I was told that the lowest rate they could do was $85.00 a night. As I was very tired and it was late, I decided to take the room at that rate. When I entered the room, there was a very strong stench of mildew/mold in the room. The next morning, the clothes I had laid out to wear the next day were damp from the humidity in the room. When I told the manager about the mildew/mold smell in the room at checkout, she said, "Really, that's weird" and offered nothing at all to make it right with me. I didn't ask for a discount, or for anything, I just told her the problem with the room. She charged me the full rate and handed me the receipt. I'll not stay at that hotel ever again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sharonda H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your feed back. We are glad you chose our hotel during your visit to the area. We are a premium all suite non smoking 4 story hotel that provides a completely hot variety breakfast, fitness room, heated indoor pool, business center, complimentary washer and dryer at no cost to our guest... spacious suites that at a minimum sleep 4 people and offer high speed internet to all our guest free of charge. All these services do have a premium price.
I apologize that you felt you did not receive premium service or quality, our rooms have never been reported to have mildew or smell of mildew, this was quite surprising to hear. We believe in 100% guest satisfaction and so we try to do all within reason to ensure none of our guest ever leave unhappy with their choice.
A nonchalant attitude is unacceptable at our property, all managers try to meet or exceed our guest expectations and to hear we dropped the ball, is quite alarming. I apologize to you for this treatment you received and ask that you please see this incident as a singular experience.
Award us another opportunity to earn your business. When you are ready to travel to Florence again please contact the hotel so we can ensure you have a satisfying stay. Thanks again for sharing and have a most enjoyable season.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very restful stop when driving on I-95. Arrived in pouring rain with take out from Cracker Barrel at same exit, grabbed some complimentary cookies and water at check in, enjoyed dinner on comfortable sofa while watching TV. Room very quiet, has frig and micro ; gym and indoor pool downstairs; decent breakfast and easy just to take muffin/coffee for the road if don't wish to sit.
Comfort inns, suites are my choice especially when traveling alone, as the set up feels secure with inside corridors, one building, no adjoining doors as requested.

Room Tip: Traveling alone, I always request 2nd or 3rd floor, no adjoining doors , not too far from elevator .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sharonda H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, September 11, 2013

Cambridge, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hotel was comfortable for a family of 6. Room was clean. Hotel was very nice. Breakfast forget it. Go to Shoney's across the street. There was a very long line for the waffles which the children had to have an adult wait in to help them. In the mean time the rest of the food was empty. They ran out of gravy, biscuits, and pastries first. Yhen the eggs and bacon were gone. The attendent in charge of the breakfast told my husband he only had 1 microwave to warm all this stuff up. When my grandchildren did get waffles they had no forks to eat them with. My husband went to the front desk and complained. The attendent at the fromt desk came in to the dining area and helped to bring out some food herself. We ended up with a trip to walmart for some fresh fruit and snacks. Accomedations very goos-free breakfast-poor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sharonda H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Florence, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to answer our online survey, on your recent stay at Comfort Suites.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our entire staff for failing to meet your expectations regarding the experience you had at breakfast.
. Our breakfast attendant has recently joined our team and was still in training upon your arrival, he is since a veteran and fully understands his duties.
I hope this experience does not keep you from coming back to sample our hot biscuits and gravy, hot waffles, eggs and bacon, fresh fruit , hot and cold cereals, yogurt, and other assorted pastries... Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback . We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service..
Morrisville, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have stayed at this conveniently located hotel several time thru the past years and have always been satisfied. Rooms are clean as is the entire property. Staff is courteous, friendly, and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to answer our online survey, we do appreciate your comments . Each one of our staff members thanks you for the pat on a back... we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to when we can again provide your overnight accommodation's. Have a most enjoyable rest of the summer.

Been to Comfort Suites Florence? Share your experiences!