“The value was okay for what you got.” 2 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn Florence
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3024 TV Road, Florence, SC 29501   |
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Florence
Norfolk, Virginia
“The value was okay for what you got.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We were driving to Florida and we decided to stay one night. The nonsmoking room did smell of smoke bad. I was concerned when we pulled up and there was a bar with loud music, but the front desk gave a room from the loud noise.
It seemed fairly clean and the staff was okay. The hotel needs a total remodeling.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I would like to report America's value inn as unsafe and unsanitary I checked out of there within 5 minutes. Actually, I ran to the car!!! The place is worse than any nightmare imaginable!!! it was dirty, the non smoking room smelled awful what could only be described as a combination of Cat urine (there are cats everywhere) and rotten eggs, the carpet was stained everywhere, the sheets dirty. I would also like to mention that there unsavory characters hanging around as well as rodents.

I didn't need a 5 star but these conditions were despicable. Not to mention there were people smoking at the front desk.

I hope you take this under consideration. Florence, as I found out, has many accommodations at any price range and the locals know that place to be dangerous and actually say its the worst in s Carolina. I believe it deserves that title and Much Worse!!!!!

All the comments from the hotel are an outrageous lie. When I checked out in 5 minutes they didn't even bother asking me why or what's wrong... In fact, even the staff here is scary, talk about customer service!!!

Stayed December 2012
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Excellent motel. Friendly staff and a good breakfast.

Room Tip: Unlike other people we had a good experience of this motel!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Florence, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Ann123London,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Should you ever return to the area, we would love to have you as our guest.

Americas Best Value Inn-Florence,SC
Jackson, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and co workers stayed there to work. More then one room was rented. I came up to see him, he warned me not to come. Now, I wish I would've listened. The rooms are nothing like the pictures. There is a horrible smell in the room(s), because, like I said before more then one room was rented. ALL the rooms that were rented had bugs. No hot water. The front desk was told (MANAGEMENT WAS TOLD) the answer was, what do you expect for the rate!The beds are on 2x4s and the mattress have seen their better days. I can't even believe this hotel is even open. People slammed doors all night and yelled.. To sleep I had to spray perfume on me and pillow . The skillet across the street was wonderful and the waffle house at exit 170 was good. After, I post this management is going to comment, how he fixed it.. Its a lie and it won't happen. If your looking for a awful night sleep and drugs.. this is your hotel.. Only way to fix this .. is to tear the hotel down.. Start over!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kimberlys624,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. Each of our beds are supported on boxsprings which are standard for hotels. The hot water is working fine. We have not had any issues since replacing one of our tanks this past March. We also treat our rooms each month. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectatons.

Americas Best Value Inn-Florence, SC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Two staffers were talking when I walked up to register, and pretty much ignored me until they were finished talking. The room smelled sickly sweet, like someone OD'ed on cheap air freshener. Luckily I only needed to stay one night.

Room Tip: My room came with a micorwave and mini-fridge. Free Wi-Fi.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear John M,

Thank you for posting a comment with us. I am sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your stay. All complaints will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Florence, SC
Blacksburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Tried to stay at this "hotel" on race weekend. Checked in, and went to put our stuff in room. The room had an awful smell. (Kind of like a nursing home meets old baby diapers.) It also had marks and writings all over the walls, the toilet was badly stained, and the a/c made a very loud racket every 20 secs. We immediately asked for refund. The lady at the front desk gave us the refund without fuss, and apologize. So to summarize, nice service, dirty rooms. I would avoid this hotel at all cost.

• Stayed May 2011
Anil M, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Florence, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments regrarding your stay with us in May. We apologize that you experienced some inconveniences and were happy to refund your money.

We have talked to our HK department and have cleared up the things you were concerned about. We hope you will give us another try if you are in the area again.

Management
Spartanburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

The room we were checked ini to smelled horrible! They air condition made an annoying sound that would be impossible to deal with. The people around the area were just "shady".

The only positive thing that I can say, is that they willingly gave me a full refund.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Anil M, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Florence, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments regarding your stay with us in May. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We have bought some new A/C units and are spraying our rooms with air freshener.

We hope you will give us another try if you are in our area again.

Management

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Florence? Share your experiences!