“Always friendly and accommodating” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Florence
“Always friendly and accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Front desk employees Marquita (and Sparkle) are always friendly and welcoming. Quite honestly, Marquita won me over to this property when my usual Florence hotel was booked one time. She was very welcoming and I have returned to this property every time since then. The rooms are large, clean, and allow me to allow my family to tag along on business trips. The hotel is located at the I-95 and I-20 junction, and local restaurants are very close by.

Don't hesitate to stay at this location. The staff makes all the difference, there are plenty of local hotels to choose from, but you will be won over by their warm welcome and willingness to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I would def stay here again. Good location close to i 95. Rooms were a good size and very clean and modern First floor made it easy to take my dog out. Staff very friendly but i wish it had a restaurant That being said there were plenty of places nearby . Nice stay for us !

• Stayed August 2014
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Kag18, thank you so much for the great review! I am so pleased to hear that you found your pet friendly room to be clean, modern and a great size. I'm also glad to hear you found our staff to be very friendly. As you mentioned, we are close to many great restaurants but I did want to point out that we do offer a wonderful, complimentary, full hot breakfast each day. We also offer a complimentary dinner buffet two nights per week! I hope that you choose our property again and will have the chance to dine with us in house for breakfast and dinner. Thanks again for taking the time to review our property and safe travels to you and your family.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

First stay was good, I has my room I reserved. Was nice clean and in order. Hot tub was hot pool was clean.

This is. After driving 8 hrs with a special needs child my resignation was mysteriously canceled and they didn't have a room to accommodate my family of 4. They wanted to send us across the street to a sister hotel with adjoining rooms. Then after they found a 1 bed with a fireplace which is small and unnecessary with 2 kids under 5 and dead august I took it because I was exhausted. I get to the room there is public hair all over the tub and the hot tub was same temp as the pool. Would have been nice to relax after the drive. Then to boot a water bug fell on me from the side of the building !! The manager was very nice when we checked in and was very sorry and lowered the rate which was nice. But not my kids are on a pull out made of paper. I don't think we will return next year Way to many issues for the money and with a long trip. Again Management was lovely. But that isn't worth the stress

• Stayed August 2014
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Hello Mamatrezza, thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I am so sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. I enjoyed meeting you at check in and completely understand your frustration with the matter. After further investigating the issue, it looks as if your reservation was originally made for the previous night’s arrival. Since you were a “no show” (did not arrive on the night of your original reservation) and we were unable to contact you along with the credit card on file not authorizing, we were forced to cancel your reservation. I am so sorry that upon your arrival the following day the room type you had booked for the canceled reservation was not available. After you decided to take the One-bedroom fireplace suite instead of the two adjoining’s it seemed that all was well. I invite you to contact me at 843-468-2800 to further discuss your frustrations as it is always my personal hope that each guest leaves completely satisfied. I would also like to apologize for the water bug falling on you outside! It is true that in South Carolina water bugs can be prevalent especially after a lot of rain. Lastly, I am so sorry that the hot tub was not hot and that there was a cleanliness issue in the bathroom. Please know that we have adjusted the hot tub accordingly and I have spoken with the housekeeping supervisor regarding the cleanliness matter. We do strive for complete guest satisfaction and I would love to have you back if you are ever in the area again. I hope to hear from you and in the meantime, safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We didn't know what to expect when we booked this "suite". Just wanted a room for the night. We were greeted by a wonderful front desk agent named
Martrice Lewis who informed us if we hurried we could eat at their complimentary dinner buffet. A Dinner Buffett? As we came late much of the food was finished but Patricia came out and replenished the empty warming trays so we would have a complete meal. She also brewed us a fresh batch of coffee. The check in was fast and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. There was a kitchenette with two burners, microwave ,refigerator, area to use your computer (free wifi) , a small dining table, sofa and a king size bed and the usual hotel bathroom. When we went to check out we pleasantly surprised to see Martrice still at the desk. She explained she had gone home and returned. She patiently explained the difference between a Marriot residence Inn and a courtyard. The inn is for extended stays mostly thus the free dinners on certain days. When we went to the breakfast buffet I found Patricia who remembered us warmly from the night before. I loved this hotel the three employees ( sorry can only remember 2) were kind, patient and very professional. They definitely went the extra mile for these weary travelers. I would recommend this Marriott residence Inn without hesitation and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We decided to stop here after reading the reviews and we're glad we did! We wanted a place to stay overnight before driving on to Orlando. Room was very nice and modern. We didn't have any problems with the room. Breakfast was good. Wifi was great. The only hiccup to our stay was when some kids knocked on our door at 11:30 PM and then ran off. We called the front desk and they said that they knew who did it. They said that they would talk to the parents about it. After that, the rest of the night was quiet. Great hotel AND it was right off i95! Will definitely return when driving to Orlando again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
philly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Super clean room for a hotel that accepts pets. Pet walking area was grassy and quiet (not on a busy road), so my dog enjoyed going out. The staff was extremely helpful and polite. I could have stayed here for my vacay instead of just stopping overnight.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
jennifer m, General Manager at Residence Inn Florence, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Winocat, thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I love that your four legged friend enjoyed his stay as well! We strive for perfection and enjoy being able to offer our guests clean, up to date, pet friendly accommodations. We hope to have you back soon. Thank you again for sharing your experience at our property with other travelers. Hurry back and safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

i wasn't expecting it to be as great as it is. The rooms are big and clean, full kitchen. Huge appliances and plush pillow top mattress.

Ask for Sparkle she is a great. Hotel rep.

They offer free breakfast and freem dinner 2 nights out of the week.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Residence Inn Florence? Share your experiences!