“"Great Choice"” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
NY
“"Great Choice"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a nice, clean Residence Inn. What I come to expect from the Marriott brand. Updated property, full kitchen, large refrigerator, oven microwave and granite countertops. We were upgraded to a 2bd 2ba suite, 3 flat screen LCD TV's.. very comfortable stay with an average breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hartly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

One night stay on way home from Florida. Stayed in a 2 queen suite. Very clean but that was part of the one small problem we had. The carpets were wet from being cleaned as well a the one reclining chair in the living area. They had dried by the time we left in the morning.
Very friendly staff and an excellent hot breakfast in the morning. Good I-95 access with lots of restaurants & shopping in the area. would recommend a stay here for anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family of 4 and I stayed here for 1 night on our way home from a week long stay in Orlando. The hotel is extremely clean and very centrally located right off of 95 south. There is a huge mall complex with Target, Walmart, and many other eateries across the street. The Piggly Wiggly supermarket is about 5 minutes away as with many places to eat. It is in a safe area of Florence. We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite and there was ample space for the 4 of us to move around without bumping into each other. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning could not be beat - with it being a bit too cold at times. The breakfast the next morning was very nice with the staff keeping the area clean and filled with food. It was the normal Marriott fare of eggs, sausage, make your own waffles and toast/bagels. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Butler County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Florence, South Carolina is a great place to stop overnight when going south. There is a good supply of hotels, restaurants, and a nice mall. I am a Marriott frequent traveler and for a long time the only Marriott hotel in the area was a Fairfield Inn. But over the years they have added a Courtyard, a Spring Hill Suites, and most recently a Residence Inn. This was my first stay at this new (to me) high rise Residence Inn. The front desk staff welcomed me and check-inh was quick. There were several luggage carts available. My room was an excellent studiio with the standard Residence Inn amenities: full kitchen, large flat screen TV, king-size bed, sofa bed, and desk. I also got the handicapped bath with a walk-in/roll-in shower that I had previously requested. In the morning the hot breakfast inlcuded in my rate hit the spot. The hotel is a short distance off I-95 at the first traffic light on Business I-20.

Room Tip: I stayed in an ADA/Handicapped room on the first floor and there was no noticeable extra noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed for 6 1/2 months. Atmosphere helped me feel less homesick. Great dining and entertainment area. Nice location. Loved the Veterans Park behind the hotel.

I felt that if I became sick while away from home, there would be caring people around me.

While there my sister and her husband came to visit and they commented on the friendly atmosphere and good breakfast.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite with fireplace was wonderful. My husband and I were on 2 different schedules...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Florence, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Nice, clean, quiet rooms. Conveniently located on the "nicer" side of Florence, with easy access to I95 and I20. Access to the usual suspects for dining, (Chili's, Olive Garden, Longhorn, etc). I'd give it a higher rating, however we did have a few issues. We had to change rooms during our stay, no biggie, it happens. In the first room, however, the bathroom door did not latch at all, so with two toddlers it meant every time they walked over and pushed on the door it opened right up. The toilet seat was so loose it felt like you were going to fall on the floor when you sat down. Reported it to the front desk who said they'd take care of it. On to room #2. The room was in overall great shape and nice a clean. However, in one of the two showers the faux tile wall was broken from one side of the shower to the other and the tub itself was chipped. Can't imagine how that would have happened, but the crack was repaired with caulk only, and had opened up resulting in the shower water running right in to the open wall void. Not only a breeding ground for future mildew and other funk, but I feel sorry for the folks downstairs who are eventually going to deal with water leaking in to their rooms. Again, reported it to the front desk, but never heard a peep from anyone about fixing it or putting us in an alternate room. Breakfast selection is ultra minimal and they were constantly out of something, including silverware. We went to one of the manager's socials and again the food there was scarce. To boot, I was rather disappointed when I walked up with my wife and two children who were debating what to have, only to have the person from the front desk walk over and wipe out what was left of the food right in front of us. Somehow I expected the food to be for the customers, but I guess I was wrong, It took several minutes for it to be replenished and again, no silverware in sight. We managed to find one set of plasticware that we had to share once additional food came out. There was a tiny salad bar with soggy limp shredded lettuce, carrots and celery that had obviously been exposed to air for hours and a few other odds and ends which were not appetizing in the least bit.

All in all, with some attention from management the hotel is nice and has potential.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We were driving through from Florida and decided the night before to make on-line reservations after speaking with Chad at the front desk; as this property has a lot of loyal business travelers that book up all the rooms. This is also a pet-friendly property which is very hard to find these days (I am a loyal Hilton customer and they do not have this). There is plenty of parking and the front desk folks are really nice and try to make you feel like family. They invited us to the nightly themed social hour but they were cooking beef burgers and my traveling friend is vegetarian and they did not offer that option, so we decided to go to a local chain restaurant. The King studio apartment was very spacious, clean and very nicely decorated. We did not ever hear another person in another room, good sound proofing?? The complimentary breakfast the next morning was very nice and gave a good selection. I would DEFINITELY stay here again, last time through my family stayed across the street at the Hilton Garden Inn and I do not remember it being this nice. Although they provided two bowls for the cats to eat from, the only complaint I have is the mandatory $100 sanitation fee for pets. As I can TOTALLY understand this if your pet is messy and a clean-up is required after check-out but for us, we were there for 15hrs, had a litter box, our cats did not make a single mess; in this situation, I think we should have been refunded the sanitation fee. But again, if we come through this way again, pets or no pets, I will stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Residence Inn Florence? Share your experiences!