“Clean, quiet and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Florence
Washington DC
“Clean, quiet and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We were driving through from Florida and decided the night before to make on-line reservations after speaking with Chad at the front desk; as this property has a lot of loyal business travelers that book up all the rooms. This is also a pet-friendly property which is very hard to find these days (I am a loyal Hilton customer and they do not have this). There is plenty of parking and the front desk folks are really nice and try to make you feel like family. They invited us to the nightly themed social hour but they were cooking beef burgers and my traveling friend is vegetarian and they did not offer that option, so we decided to go to a local chain restaurant. The King studio apartment was very spacious, clean and very nicely decorated. We did not ever hear another person in another room, good sound proofing?? The complimentary breakfast the next morning was very nice and gave a good selection. I would DEFINITELY stay here again, last time through my family stayed across the street at the Hilton Garden Inn and I do not remember it being this nice. Although they provided two bowls for the cats to eat from, the only complaint I have is the mandatory $100 sanitation fee for pets. As I can TOTALLY understand this if your pet is messy and a clean-up is required after check-out but for us, we were there for 15hrs, had a litter box, our cats did not make a single mess; in this situation, I think we should have been refunded the sanitation fee. But again, if we come through this way again, pets or no pets, I will stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Far more comfotable than many other hotels in Florence. Rooms are large, clean, and have well equipped kitchens. A thermostat-controlled air conditioning unit rather than a window or wall AC made for a more quiet sleep than at older hotels. Staff was pleasant. Breakfast was ample. Many restaurants to choose nearby. A convenient stop driving between Florida and points Virginia and North.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

From the moment I checked in to my departure I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and the hotel was clean. The free breakfast in the morning included hot choices and they had a good selection. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The hotel was walking distance to a Chili's and there was shopping close by. A great stay!

Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed here on our way to Florida and were absolutely delighted with the hotel. It was clean and that is my number one priority. The staff was wonderful from the front desk clerk at check in to any other staff member we saw. The hotel was lovely and made us wish we were staying longer so we could enjoy the pool and the spacious room.

ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel is tops. It is by far the best hotel in Florence - and I know - I've been to the other dumps. What a pleasure it was to stay in a modern and clean place where the staff is top notch.
Let me tell you about it. Well, it began with an online reservation and a request for no feathers
in the room and a first floor location. To my amazment, they actually listened !!! We arrived
on a Wednesday night while on the way to Florida. It happened to be free dinner and free wine
night. We particpated in the wine offering - twice - or was it three times? Anyway, a very nice
surprise. The room itself was large and modern. The bed may have been a tempurpedic or
something very similar. It was great. Breakfast the next day was plentiful. This hotel is two
minutes off I95 and yet all the way in the back of "hotel row"; making it very quiet. For those that
care to shop, there is a mall direclty across the street and many restaurants. One last thing -
the no smoking policy Marriott has is great - especially in a state where they still believe
it's ok to smoke in restaurants. All in all, this place rocks - did I mention the wine?

Room Tip: Just request it online. They listen.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Spent the night there on my way from Miami to NY. The hotel is 3 years old, and definitely shows as being very new. The inside and outside were quite nice, with the rooms in a highly contemorary motif. The kitchen was chock full of full sized appliances, the TV was a 50" LG flatscreen with actual HD programming (most hotels that provide flatscreens seem to forget to also provide HD programming - how idiotic). The fellow who checked us in upon arrival around 8:30 pm could not have had a better attitude or know how to service clients - and he was quite young. He was absolutely superb - don't lose him Residence Inn! He was extremly accomodating, and apologized profusely for not provoding a room on a highg floor, as my profile requests. I was actually very happy with the first floor room as my wife was with me and doesn't like to go to anything but ground floor rooms. The breakfast in the morning was one of the best I've ever had in a property that provide this as a courtesy - very comprehensive and actually GOOD coffee - how rare is that! This property is definitely a big hit in my book, and I plan on staying there again when I drive between NY & FL.

Room Tip: I was in room 104 - a very nice room and near the front office.
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had a pleasant experience for our one night stay. Upon checkin the man at the front desk directed my husband to nearby restaurants which we considered to be very thoughtful. The room was very nice and the continental breakfast was also. The hotel is close enough to the interstate to be convenient but far enough away that there is no traffic noise.There are several chain restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Florence? Share your experiences!