“Location has excellent restaurant and gas options” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Senior Save up to 10%
Ranked #2 of 38 hotels in Florence
Orlando, Florida
“Location has excellent restaurant and gas options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We love Hampton Inns and this location did not disappoint us. Friendly staff, amazing services, spacious rooms, comfortable beds and many restaurants from which to choose.

Our room cost $122.55 (AAA discount) plus tax. We were placed on the 4th floor within easy access of both the elevators and vending machines. We had a great view of the woods in the back of the building.

This entire building was designated NO SMOKING, which we loved, but there's always one person who spoils it for everyone else. During the night, someone smoked in their room, which we suspected was above us since the smoke was coming through the bathroom vent. Luckily, the AC circulated it out pretty fast, but it was still annoying.

The next morning on our way to breakfast, we told the front desk what had happened and were disappointed when the gentleman replied, "Oh well." He only made a note of our room number and said nothing else.

After breakfast, we went back to the front desk, which now had other staff present and alerted a woman to the issue. She quickly apologized for the problem, took our room information and apologized again. The previous gentleman certainly needs to be trained in customer service.

We hope this was an isolated issue....it does make us wonder what will happen if we stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We thank you for your recent review… comments such as yours are invaluable in helping us to recognize areas that need attention. While we always prefer to read about good experiences, there is an exception from time to time. This is not the type of service and experience we strive to provide our guests. This does not account for the disappointing level of customer service described in your review, however, by making us aware of your experience, you have helped us to help our staff improve.

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Pulled in during a rain storm, got a room, was directed to coffee, tea and cookies by front desk person who was very helpful and friendly. I liked the interior and decor, super clean. Big rooms and a very good breakfast bar. I would recommend this hotel and say it is a little extra money but you certainly have the assurance of an excellent experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your gracious feedback and comments. We are so pleased you found our team so friendly, comforting, and eager to serve in all aspects of your stay. We pride ourselves with “southern hospitality” and try to make a point of touching each guest with a fond and memorable experience. We look forward to hosting your hospitality needs in the future.
Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Guest Clerk Da'Shay was very helpful with suggestion of restaurants. She also checked me in and was very attentive and friendly. Excellent pool and would stay again if I'm in the area. I highly recommend this hotel if in the Florence South Carolina area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites-North and for sharing your experience with others! We appreciate your comments to our staff and to Dashay. We are very lucky to have Dashay as part of our team and I have made sure she has seen your comments! Our main goal is to make sure each and every guest has an exceptional experience while staying with us.
We hope to have you back with us again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance in the future.
Vero Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Extremely accomodating staff and rooms excellent. Breakfast was terrific. Rooms very fresh and quiet. We were greeted immediately on arrival and all forms done quickly no waiting for anything. Cooling unit very efficient, shower very refreshing. Overall cleanliness superb.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Farmingdale, Nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We travel frequently and always stay at a Hilton property based on past experience. The Hampton Inn in Florence, SC "Florence-North/I-95, SC" was SO CLEAN it was like it was brand new and yet it was four years old. The hospitality staff was the friendliest I have ever met, the room was IMMACULATE, the breakfast was superb ... I would HIGHLY recommend this location to anyone traveling I-95 or planning a trip to Florence, SC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments; We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay! All of the staff are truly marvelous, and we are happy to hear that they provided extraordinary service. All of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites-North, take great pride in our southern hospitality and unique charm of our hotel and especially ensuring that all of our guests leave here 100% satisfied each and every time. We look forward to your next trip to Florence, SC and if we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very clean rooms, quiet, great breakfast. We stay at Hampton Inns often and this one is top notch. The staff was very friendly and the area around the hotel is full of restaurants and stores. The mall is just a 5 minute drive south.

Room Tip: Featherbeds - ask for hypoallergenic bedding if you need it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites-North. My team & I want to thank you for choosing our hotel while your plans brought you to Florence, SC. But mostly I want to thank you for giving us a 5 Star rating. We always strive for this perfect score and when we receive one it is a cause for celebration for us because we know we have met all of your expectations. Thanks once again & I will pass your nice comments on to my team.
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

On our way back from Port Canaveral, Fl, we stayed overnight at Hampton Inn & Suites, Florence-North I-95 before heading home to Virginia. There were two desk clerks. One was very pleasant and the other was not. The desk clerk who helped us was the one who did not ask us which floor we wanted, did not direct us to the elevator, and was very curt. Other than that, our room was pretty clean except there was a stain on the carpet. The force of the water in the shower was great. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. Our only complaint - the unfriendlydesk clerk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Our goal is to provide superior service, accommodations, and your comments are very important to us. Please know that your concerns are our concerns & feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the feedback we received and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95? Share your experiences!