“Great hotel ruined by horrible cigarette smoke pollution.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Senior Save up to 10%
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Florence
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great hotel ruined by horrible cigarette smoke pollution.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A beautiful new property with amazing rooms, totally wrecked by choking, clinging cigarette smoke residue. If you are a non-smoker, ask to review the room before you decide to stay, or invoke the satisfaction guarantee.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, this is the place to be.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We thank you for your recent review. Comments such as yours are invaluable in helping us to recognize areas that need attention. While we always prefer to read about good experiences, there is an exception from time to time. I do apologize for the smoke smell you experienced and want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. I am pleased to say that we are in the process of converting to a non-smoking facility. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here on the way home from Florida. We arrived late but received a nice warm welcome from the front desk staff. The hotel was clean, the room spacious and quiet which we needed after a long day on I95. The breakfast was just slightly better than the usual Hampton Inn breakfast. We enjoyed the stay and will return on our next trip from Florida.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your gracious feedback and comments. We are so pleased you found our team so friendly, comforting, and eager to serve in all aspects of your stay. We pride ourselves with “southern hospitality” and try to make a point of touching each guest with a fond and memorable experience. We look forward to hosting your hospitality needs in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

On our way from NY to Florida and stopped here for a night. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. A nice welcome after a long day of driving! The room was clean and spacious. The hotel is right off I-95 which is convenient. Breakfast in the morning was a great start. Make reservations-- the hotel was booked. We saw people get turned away. Best hotel to stop over. We will definitely stop here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hawley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our 2nd stop at Florence-North while returning from Florida; 2012&2013. It has been a wonderful overnight both times. We will have it on our schedule every year. The location is convenient, staff is great and the breakfast is always enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your recommendation and your pleasant words about our property. Positive word of mouth is incredibly important in the hospitality industry, and we are very thankful that you have chosen to share your experience with Trip Advisor users. I'm glad you had an exceptional stay at our property! Customer service is one of our greatest priorities as we strive for excellence on a daily basis. Thanks again for your review!
South Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hampton Inns never disappoint and this was was beyond our expectation. Recently renovated, roomy, modern and clean we thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay while on our long journey north. An added bonus was a great restauant across the street plus a delicious and filling hot breakfast buffet the next morning. If you're looking for a hotel close to highway this is definitely the place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to first say thank you for choosing our location to accommodate your family. We're glad you decided to stay with us and personally experience all that we have to offer. We're also delighted to know that you rated the overall hotel service/facilities highly. It would be our pleasure to deliver another clean, comfortable and quiet stay on your next visit to the Florence, SC area. We find it very rewarding whenever we can exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Kenosha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and while its near the freeway is a bit away from what the city offers. I am a diamond member and live in Hampton/Hilton hotels 3 weeks a month and the staff at this hotel gave the impression they were too busy to be polite. I went to the counter when I arrived and was not acknowledged until I said hello I'd like to check in which was met with a sigh by the gentleman at the counter. When I walked by the counter each day coming in and out no one said hello or even looked up from what they were doing .... While the place is clean and comfortable I felt like I was bothering the staff if I asked for anything or stopped at the counter.

• Stayed February 2013
We thank you for your recent review… comments such as yours are invaluable in helping us to recognize areas that need attention. While we always prefer to read about good experiences, there is an exception from time to time. This is not the type of service and experience we strive to provide our guests. This does not account for the disappointing level of the Front Desk staff during your stay described in your review, however, and by making us aware of your experience, you have helped us to help our staff improve. Your Diamond status is very valuable to us and I want thank you for bringing this to our attention and hope that you will not let this one experience keep you from giving us an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.
Wakefield, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We often choose Hampton Inns when we travel because we find them to be clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. We also like the fact that a decent hot breakfast is included. We found our stay at this Hampton Inn to be the best so far. It was conveniently located off the highway, the common areas were nicely decorated, the staff was pleasant and helpful, the room was spacious and spotless, but most of all, the bed had to be the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The pillows and bed linens also seemed particularly luxurious. It was just what we needed at the end of a long travel day. Breakfast in the morning was also particularly good. I especially liked the variety of teas available, and I was glad to have access to a free copy of the Wall Street Journal. We'll be sure to stop there again the next time we're traveling through that area.

• Stayed March 2013
Pam S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I know that location, convenience and customer service is key, and I am happy you where able to find everything you needed. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the service that our staff provided. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are happy you have chosen our location.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95? Share your experiences!