“Clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Florence
Midlothan, Virginia
“Clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay last night. Clean room, very pleasant staff and wonderful hot breakfast. Good selection of items Can tell that stsff have been trained in customer service. Could see them looking for opportunities to make it a great experience for travelers. Makes for a great stop while traveling. Would definitely stop by this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I arrived at this Hampton without a reservation around 6:00 PM.
I selected a double queen handicap accessible room which was the least expensive of the three left.

After checking in, to my suprise, I was given a king suite at no extra charge.
I called the desk to inquire as to the mistake and was informed of the upgrade and thanked for being a Diamand member.

Later in the evening I went to print some work in the business center. The printer was out of ink and none on site. Guest Services gave me their email address and said they would print them.

When I picked them up the next morning, they were waiting with a voucher for a snack and a drink.

I will definitely stay here again. Great Staff.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was en route to Flordia from Virginia for a family emergency and did not know how far I could drive before stopping. When I called they had a couple of rooms left and trusted that I would arrive and held two for me without having my credit card (b/c I was driving). When I arrived (only about 1 and 1/2 hours later) I was warmly greeted by a wonderful gentleman that told me he knew I would arrive. We needed the 2 rooms and he held them for us even though they were the last ones and he had no guarantee.
The next morning, we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast (no skimping here) and met a beautiful woman named Terry who asked how our stay was and engaged in a delightful conversation as we filled her in on the nature of our trip (we were headed to the side of a very close dying relative) She offered her caring and concern (and not to offend anyone, her prayers - which I asked for) it really seemed like her heart felt for us and truly extending herself to us.

As far as the actual establishment, it was extremely clean and comfortable and ALL the staff we met were warm and welcoming and willing to assist any way that they could.

I made it a point to return to this spot on our return trip some days later and will keep it mind if I ever drive past again.

Extremely easy on/off for Interstate 95 too!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way back from Washington,DC to Florida. The hotel is situated conveniently right off I-95. Everything about it was excellent. We felt very welcomed there by the friendly staff. When we checked in, we were told that coffee and juice, which was located footsteps from the front desk, was available all night. Our room was very clean and modern, including the spacious bathroom vanity area.Stephen, the front desk clerk, highly recommended having dinner across the highway at Fatz Cafe, and since we were too tired to go anywhere and were quite hungry, we gave it a try and recommend that you do not miss out on this fabulous restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night on Roadtrip from FL to MD. As previous reviewers said, it's a great mid point from middle north east to FL. The hotel was literally RIGHT off 95. Several restaurants around ( Ruby Tuesday, Cracker Barrell, Subway, Taco Bell, to name a few). Service was perfect and quick. We left in the AM before the breakfast was served but they did have a spread near the entrance for early travelers with coffee/tea/hot chocolate and apples/bananas.
Would definitely recommend for anyone traveling south along 95.

• Stayed April 2012
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

It's right off the Interstate, I had arrived very late (2 AM) and was escorted into the lobby by the security guard on property. Yes, I know that sounds intense, but it actually made me feel good about knowing I was in a perfectly safe place. The front desk clerk, or should I say night auditor was more than helpful in finding me a room, the check-in process was an absolute breeze and the security guard walked me to my room. Like most Hilton properties, the room was great, fantastic bed. It is a new hotel and you can tell, it was pricey than I would of wanted for just a few hours of sleep, but the piece of mind it brought from being new, clean, comfortable and safe put my right to sleep. Breakfast was hopping the next morning, and while it was busy, was nothing to write home about. About the only thing lacking in this top notch hotel. Highly recommended for those looking for a place to crash while traveling. I would stay here again without hesitation

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have stayed here three times (once a year since it opened). Clean, quiet, very friendly staff. However, the cookies were all gone at 7 pm (I always look forward to the "little" stuff)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95? Share your experiences!