“Convenient Stop” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Convenient Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

My wife and I recently traveled to Port St Lucie, Florida from our home near Gettysburg, PA. I picked the Hampton Inn in Florence for two reasons: it was halfway there after a decent day's drive and because we needed Hiton Honors points for another trip. The hotel staff was efficient if not overly friendly, the hotel was clean, the amenities plentiful, and the surroundings convenient. This cost for this hotel was a bit more than other Hamptons were have used because of the amenities: a pool and a room refrigerator, for example. Be sure to sample the food at Fatz, which is just across the highway from the Hampton Inn. Of course, the breakfast is included in the price and it was standard Hampton Inn fare, plentiful and well-rounded. There was a convenient gas station for refueling. We will plan to stay at this hotel on our next trip to Florida.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel may help to eliminate some street noise but we found noise not to be...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012 via mobile

Well located, near 95, good service, room very clean with microwave and fridge, good breakfast. We will definitively come back.

Stayed April 2012
Miami, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Spacious rooms. Clean with a still "new" feel. The staff is very courteous and attentive. Very friendly and sincere. Best overnight sleep I have ever have traveling I-95. Comfortable and very clean. Plenty of ammenites. Will stay again next time through.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our return trip from Florida. The kids enjoyed the warm indoor pool and sauna. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms was clean and beds were super comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was huge and tasty. Will mark this hotel for future trips.

Room Tip: We had a room near the back and stayed on a Saturday night. There are train tracks not far from the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Florence, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I spend a lot of time in hotels as a result of my work. I attempt to stay at Hamptons whenever possible.
This hotel is excellent, with friendly service from all employees, and great amenities.
I recommend others to stay here when in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Howell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed in the King Suite. It was all they had left while we were traveling through on I95. This room was very spacious, had a fridge, coffee pot, microwave and popcorn for snacks. The breakfast bar had several choices, french toast, oatmeal, fruit, cereal pastries, eggs. We will stay here again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The cleaning staff at this hotel is supurb. The hotel was so spotless that we actually thought it just opened.They even give you little extras like hand sanitizer in your bathroom.The breakfast area has high ceilings and cushioned seats.The staff is very nice. Terry should be in marketing.

The pool and weight room are kind of small but newer equipment in them.The location is convenient to the highway but this is not a destination stop in my opinion. This is a really nice overnight hotel. The only complaint I have is that there is a Krispy Cream right next door but there wern't any donuts on the breakfast bar.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-North/I-95? Share your experiences!