“Excellent in every way!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Florence
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Excellent in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Beautiful facility! Excellent service, great breakfast and perfect location for us passing through. The room is very clean and the staff are wonderful! We plan on staying here again!

We found this hotel on line and trusted the previous reviews. They were correct!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
We are so pleased that you were happy with your accommodations at the Quality Inn Civic Center in Florence SC. I will share your comments with all the employees so they know their hard work does not go un-noticed.
Thank you for your kind comments, please plan to visit us again soon, we appreciate your business.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hotel lobby smelled, the room smelled, the breakfast was awful, the room was awful. At 1 AM, a group of rowdy young people checked in directly above us, waking us and our dog. I had to walk the dog at 1 AM and didn't feel safe! the tub was dirty so I kept my flip flops on to take a shower. I couldn't believe they charged $85 for the room + the pet fee.

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am so sorry that you were not pleased with our hotel, your comments certainly don't sound like the Quality Inn Civic Center since we seldom have comments about smells and unclean rooms.
We will address these issues to insure other guest don't experience the same things.
Always let our front desk employees know of noise problems so we can correct these situations immediately.
Again, I am sorry that your stay was not as expected, it is out goal to make sure everyone of our guest have a comfortable stay.
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We traveled down to Florida and was on our way back when we stayed at this hotel. It was nice and the staff was friendly. The room was a little dated but it was clean and comfortable. There were numerous restaurants close by actually within walking distance. That was great since none of us wanted to get back into the car. We travel with two small dogs and they were welcomed. I was happy about that. The morning coffee and breakfast was good however limited. I was very pleased to see that the refigerator was in good working order since I do travel with insulin for one of the dogs. I would stay there again, and would recommend it to anyone finding themselves on the road and in need of a quiet and comfortable place to stay for the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Civic Center for your overnight stay in Florence SC. We hope you will make us a regular stop when you travel in our area. We also appreciate you taking time to write the review, it gives us a good measure of how we are pleasing our guest.
Thank you again for the review, we appreciate your business.
Ellsworth, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Check in was easy. Accomodations very clean and comfortable. The room was right on the same side as the interstate so it was a bit noisy...that noise was drowned out a lot by the heater. The shower and bathroom was small, but again, clean.

The breakfast area really needs an update. There isn't enough room to accomodate the guests. The tables are packed in so tight you can't get in and out. Not a very comfortable place to eat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are so glad you chose our hotel for your recent stay in Florence.
Next time, we can possibly put you in a different room so the highway noise wil not be heard.
We appreciate the review to let us know of any concerns and so the employees can know of your experience.
Please plan to visit again soon. your business is important to us.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here on our way from Florida to Maryland and on our way back. We requested a 2 bed ground floor pet room and that is what we received each time. Room 127 at the back of the hotel on the mall side, but the lights for the mall or noise from the mall were not a problem. The room was clean each stay. Fridge and microwave in room and both worked, though the microwave is small and when a bag of popcorn spread out , it stopped rotating while the turntable kept going. Had to watch closely to not burn the popcorn. Still, not a major issue. Beds were comfortable, 4 pillows on each bed. The breakfast did have sausage gravy and biscuits, waffles, but not much else to get excited about. Hotel staff were courteous and friendly. Decor a little dated, but not bad. Nice flat-screen TV in room. More expensive than others in area, but we would stay again.

Room Tip: Rear of the hotel worked well for us.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel on two different occasions on your trips to and from th south.
We are so glad that you were pleased with with our hotel and its services. Please plan to visit aagain soon. we appreciate your business.
Guest Services Manager
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was a Sun. morning, and when I went to my car the valve stem of my tire blew out. Carey from the front desk went way above her call of duty. AAA came and put on my spare, but Carey called around to find me a place to take the car. She called 4 places and only Firestone answered and they were expecting me when I arrived. Carey also brought me some plastic bags to put on my seat so I could put the tire in my car. My trunk was full of travel stuff. I can't thank Carey enough. I am a woman in her 70s traveling alone. This is a Quality INN I always stay at on my way to and from Florida, and I AM GLAD I STAY AT THIS QUALITY, they are always friendly and hospitable.

Room Tip: If you have pet allergies, ask for a non pet room. Also if a 2 story building, ask for a 1st floor i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

My experience was very good! The hotel staff was very informed and helpful. They even offered to get me some breakfast when I arrived after breakfast hours!

The room was very clean, which to me is the most important thing in a hotel.

I thought that the decor was a little dated, but aside from that the room was very nice. The cable service is top notch.

The only problem I had was that I thought the $20 pet fee was a little steep. $10 would be a better fee for that, or a refundable fee after my well behaved pup didn't poop on the floor.

Pet fee included, my wife and I paid just over $100 for the night. The room is probably worth about $80.00. I wish they would be more reasonable with the pet fee, but aside from that, I enjoyed my stay and would use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center? Share your experiences!