“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2123 West Lucas Street, I-95 exit 164/Hwy 52 N, Florence, SC 29501 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham Florence)   |
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Florence
Beverly hills, fl
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

As we were returning to our Florida home from a Vermont Vacation we were looking for an overnight stop and decided to try the Wingate in Florence SC as we saw a coupon in one of those interstate hotel coupon books.. We were not dissappointed by our choice. The check in was very efficient by the friendly staff member. The room 2 queen beds was well lite and had a small refrigerator and freezer for us to store our perishables. The bathroom was very clean with an excellent shower. We did not hear a sound from the outside or adjoining rooms while we were there. A big plus was the breakfast with the usual cold bagels and pastry's but you could make your own fresh waffles and there were sausage available.
Complimentary USA Today papers were available. We would definitely stay here again as it was less then 1/4 mile off of I-95.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
We are so pleased you chose The Wingate by Wyndham. I really can't thank you enough for the kind words, and thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review. Wishing many more travels to you. Again, Thank you!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jensen Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed here in a King Room on our return trip from Florida. We figured it would be very convenient --as it was right off I-95. We usually have good luck with Wingate by Wyndham rooms.
The staff was very pleasant, however, the room wreaked of old stale cigarette smoke.Even the pillows and furniture smelled. I found old butt stains on the bathroom counter tops, dirty walls and black MOLD in the grated lighting fixtures above our heads. Just disgusting and totally unacceptable. (this was a NON- smoking room, by the way!)
If we hadn't been so exhausted from spending 11 hours stuck in traffic on I-95, I would have asked for another room.
The worst part was the LOUD traffic noises. I could barely sleep, My own fault for selecting a hotel too close to the interstate.
I found an old pair of rolled up socks on the floor, indicating perhaps no one had vacuumed that room since the last guest had stayed there??!!
I would never stay here again.
I am a rewards member and I have come to expect a clean room from Wyndham Hotels.
This was not one of them.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Your opinion is very important to us so we can make sure to improve all areas that may need some assistance. I assure you that all complaints that have been recieved have been addressed. Please if you are ever in the area again stop by we will be happy to show you the improvements.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband, my son and I spent overnight in Florence on our way to Virginia. I've read most reviews and I have to say that management apologizing but doing nothing to fix the problem isn't a help!
We booked a king room with a sofa bed. When we arrived at the room the bathroom didn't looked that was well cleaned. There wasn't extra toilette paper, not enough towels for 3 people. The sofa bed had a big yellowish stain on it, there were not extra sheets or pillows for the sofa bed. My husband found a receipt on the top if the desk dated of the MORNING that we arrived. It was from a gas station in Jacksonville, Fl!!! I wondered how was that possible, maybe someone used the room for a few hours and they didn't bother to do a good clean up before next guest arrival?? The gym was locked and guests keys didn't opened. Breakfast was the poorest I've seem at a Wingate. The staff was nice and kind. I will try to post a picture if the stain. Very sad that they let things like that happen.

• Stayed March 2012
amwin, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasent stay with us. We have been working hard to improve on all issues brought to our attention, and I must say we are making great progress, Please if you are ever in the area again drop by anytime and we will be happy to show you the improvements that have been made.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We went to Florence, SC during the Christmas weekend to visit family. Since my previous experiences at other Wingates were very good and I am a rewards member, I decided to book this property. Usually, my experiences with Wingate properties are great, but not this time.

The check-in process went smooth and we received the type of room that we requested (room 315). Upon entering the room, we noticed that the refrigerator was unplugged and unclean. Strike one.

When I go to a hotel, I always check the linens to make sure they were clean. Well, well, well, to my surprise ALL of the pillowcases had brownish yellow stains on them. Two of the four pillows had strange black dots that appeared through the pillowcase. I take off the pillowcases and what do I see? MILDEW! YUCK! (see photos). Strike two.

Okay, after trying not to gag I checked the bottom sheet, more stains from the top all the way to the bottom. The comforter(not sure what to call it but its the half comforter on the bottom of the bed) also had whitish stains on it. Strike three.

I called the front desk and did not receive an answer so my fiance and I decide to take all of the pillows downstairs to show the clerk what we were dealing with. She was very gracious and promised to come up and change all of the pillows as well as the linens.

The linens were changed and we requested that the "mini comforter" be removed. Overall, the cleanliness of the room was average as there was hair on the heater/ac vent and on the floor. The bathrooms were clean but outdated.

I can't comment on the breakfast because I was very wary about eating in a hotel that does not care about the cleanliness of the rooms.

Of course during check-out, I told the clerk of my experience and she promised I would hear from someone about it. After several days I have not. I tried to contact the manager, Trish Morris, but I did not receive any responses to my several messages I left her. I really want everyone to know to check your linens when you check into this place. Mildew on pillows are totally unacceptable, not hearing from a manager is even more unacceptable.

Room Tip: Check your linens.
Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
I am terribly sorry of all the trouble you had as a guest here at The Wingate. I agree that is was completely unacceptable. I can not express to you how upsetting it was to learn of the things you were expected to deal with. I am also very sorry that you have not been responded to before now. Please know that we have several changes. All of the issues have been addressed and we hope that one day you will give us another try. Thanks for your feedback. It helps us improve to make things better for all of our guest.
Somers Point, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed at this Hotel, because my husband and I had appointments at The Sexton Dental Clinic. The clinic was very easy to get from Wingate. We stayed 2 nights. The rooms were very clean and customer service was great, and a very nice breakfast was included. The beds were probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in away from home. We have to go back in a few months. We will definitely stay at Wingate again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of all the staff here at the Wingate we can not thank you enough for all your great compliments. Our hotel staff are true definitions of Southern Hospitality in my mind and make me proud time and time again. Again, Thank you so much and we look forward to your return visit.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I was extremely pleased with the exceptional customer service from this hotel and staff.

Room Tip: the rooms and the floors are very quiet
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
amwin, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you for such an AWESOME review!!. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit. On behalf of the entire staff here at Wingate of Florence thank you again.
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Stayed one night on a driving trip from Fla to Md. Great location - right near the interstate, beautiful lobby, fast friendly staff at check-in, well decorated, clean room. I have stayed at several hotels in the past right off of I-95, but this is one of the few where I can say without a doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
rmurrow, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
On behalf of the the staff at the Wingate, we are very pleased to hear about your stay with us. We hope that on your next trip that you will allow us to further exceed your expectations.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence? Share your experiences!