“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2123 West Lucas Street, I-95 exit 164/Hwy 52 N, Florence, SC 29501 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham Florence)   |
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Florence
Somers Point, NJ
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed at this Hotel, because my husband and I had appointments at The Sexton Dental Clinic. The clinic was very easy to get from Wingate. We stayed 2 nights. The rooms were very clean and customer service was great, and a very nice breakfast was included. The beds were probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in away from home. We have to go back in a few months. We will definitely stay at Wingate again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
amwin, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of all the staff here at the Wingate we can not thank you enough for all your great compliments. Our hotel staff are true definitions of Southern Hospitality in my mind and make me proud time and time again. Again, Thank you so much and we look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I was extremely pleased with the exceptional customer service from this hotel and staff.

Room Tip: the rooms and the floors are very quiet
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
amwin, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you for such an AWESOME review!!. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit. On behalf of the entire staff here at Wingate of Florence thank you again.
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Stayed one night on a driving trip from Fla to Md. Great location - right near the interstate, beautiful lobby, fast friendly staff at check-in, well decorated, clean room. I have stayed at several hotels in the past right off of I-95, but this is one of the few where I can say without a doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
rmurrow, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
On behalf of the the staff at the Wingate, we are very pleased to hear about your stay with us. We hope that on your next trip that you will allow us to further exceed your expectations.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed here for one night on the drive back home from a longer trip that included stays at resorts... and this was the dreamiest bed we enjoyed! Rooms were clean and breakfast is included.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
rmurrow, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear you had a pleasant experience here at Wingate! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for giving us your opinion on our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again for another pleasant stay here at Wingate

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

The location was great but on this particular day the staff was excellent. I was allowed to check in early which was a bonus as I was tired and preparing for a long day. The two ladies were very, very pleasant and made me feel welcome and an honored guest. Once settled in the room, it was very spacious, cozy and elegant. The bed was one of the closest to my bed at home and I had a very enjoyable and restful sleep. It was so comfortable that I really didn't want to get up and go to the meeting! I loved the suite as it provided the necessary ambiance for relaxing after a day of meetings and allowed me to stretch out and not be just another hotel room. The table and chairs were nice and the high speed connection was excellent. I would truly recommend this hotel to my friends and business associates but I am truly looking forward to returning to the Wingate in Florence!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Thanks,

Falmouth, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We arrived very late on a Friday night. There was a gentleman infront of us who tried to get a room and was told that the Wingate was sold out with tour groups and softball teams. When he left and we went to walk away, he informed us that there were rooms available and he just refuses to rent to that man. We were extremely exhausted and stayed anyways. when we got up to our room, it looked as if someone had used the bathroom already or it hadnt been cleaned. There was no remote for the TV and was told there wasn't any that we could get. There wasn't enough towels and was instructed to let housekeeping know in the morning and they could get us some. In the morning, we went to make coffee in the room, but the coffee pot and coffee mugs reaked of bleach. We checked out around 11 am that morning and asked to speak to the manager. We were informed the manager hadn't made it in and a note was left for him to call us about our stay. Sadly we never recieved a call and we instruct people that we know not to stay here. We will never stay at this location where there aren't clean rooms, a manager that seems not to care, and a front desk worker who judges the guest and decides who stays and who doesn't. Absolutely not worth $89 plus tax!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel for the best room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
GMDaysInnFlorence, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. I'm sorry that my hotel fell short of your expectations.I will addresses these issue and can assure you this will not happen again. I would appreciate it if you could call me directly at my hotel or email me.

Thanks,

Rick Webb
1-843-629-1111
rwebb@sdchotels.com
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We had gotten a raving review from family members on the same chain in Savannah GA near the airport and we were coming from a funeral and were exhausted. So, We stayed here, same chain same quality! Not in this case.
We were offered a King Room that was supposed to be handicapped accessible. I should say it did have wider door frames for wheelchair access and was on the first floor, but for someone wanting to be independent the restroom was not very good, having worked in a part of the medical field that addressed worker comp patients in this area.
The restroom definitely needs a Evaluation by a reputable company to outfit is properly.
As far as our stay goes they had not extra pillows, the curtains were not dark enough and the media room chair I sat in was in sad state of disrepair.
All in all it was OK as a flop house but if the price were $30 cheaper a night. The front desk girl was not very personable and the breakfast the next morning was very bad, I over heard the woman stocking it " I had to work till 1130pm and then be here at 430 to set up and I have never done this before" so the coffee was completely out and apparently the hotel was under staffed with adequate personnel in my opinion. The whirlpool was out of order also, Direct TV was using the lot for their traveling crews and the Families and Elderly that were staying had to park in the far back of the hotel. Maybe something could be set up to get them (Healthy Hard Working men) to park in the rear of the Building as far back as possible and leave parking for the more vulnerable guests that maybe staying.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. I would like to apologize for the inadequacy of our hotel during your stay. Since receiving this review we have been keeping these issues in mind as we work to resolve them. We have recently come under new management and gained a better staff that can better meet our guests’ needs. We do hope to see you again on your next trip and have the opportunity to offer you a much better experience. I invite you to contact me directly if there is anything we can do to for you or if you would like to address any other issues or concerns you may have.

Tel:843-629-1111

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Florence? Share your experiences!