“Great local dinner place” 4 of 5 stars

803) 729-4540.
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Elgin
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great local dinner place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I just moved to town and wanted to try something new. We went to CJs and were seated immediately. There is a casual feel but walking in I could smell the grill and it immediately piqued my interest. Husband had the prime rib cooked medium rare and I had the ribeye cooked the same. We ordered a crab cake as well. The prime rib was delicious, I have had prime rib before and some just takes like roast. This was very well seasoned and cooked. My ribeye had a wonderful flavor and not a lot of fat which was nice. Our salads were a good size for a side salad and the baked potatoes were nicely cooked as well. My husband ordered the crab cake which was full of real crab and very little fillers. We would most definitely go back to this place, the waitstaff was exceptional.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I haven't had a meal that good in a long time! I had the seafood plate and all was very fresh and very good! The price was very low for the amount of food and quality too. I will definitely go again!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Now that was GOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

My family and I ate at CJ's for the first time last Sunday. My son ordered the shrimp and grits. He bragged on it so much that he convinced me to taste it. Personally I do not like shrimp, but when I tasted it, I honestly have to say that was one of the best things I have eaten in a long time. It does have some spice to it. My husband, who critiques food frequently, got the crab cakes. They were huge and got great reviews from him. Then came the cheesecake.... homemade and fresh.... now that was GOOD!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Marvelous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

V
V
Very good food nice prices excellent overall I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO ANYONE YOUNG OR OLDER
High marks in my books

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elgin, SC
“Very Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I finally got to eat at Elgin's new CJ's Chop House. We didn;t know what to expect since the building is so small and so many restaurants have come and gone from there over the years. Our first impression upon entering the door was that the noise level was high and there was a good bit of smoke from the kitchen. We were greeted and seated right away and had our orders taken within a couple of minutes. My salad arrived quickly and was very fresh. A few minutes later our food arrived. My husband had the 9 oz. filet and I had the fried seafood platter. My husband remarked several times that his steak was really good and he liked the rice pilaf. He was not overly impressed with the vegetable medley, but then again, who goes to a restaurant looking for a great vegetable medley? My seafood platter was PERFECT. The shrimp, oysters, scallops, fish and crabbie patty were all cooked golden brown without being the least bit overcooked. The scallops especially were great. They were HUGE. The server was very attentive and checked with us often (maybe a little too often) to see if we needed anything. We left with a very good impression of CJ'c. The only reason I couldn't give it 5 stars was because of the atmosphere. Overall, I highly recommend the restaurant. The food was fantastic, the service was very fast and the price was right. I have no doubt we will be back on a regular basis.

• Visited June 2012