“Amazing food, but all outdoor dining. Great for kids & families.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Fish & Chips, Hamburgers, Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
“Amazing food, but all outdoor dining. Great for kids & families.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

The hubby & I had lunch here thanks to recommendations from locals, and we are glad we did! Our 6 year old enjoyed searching for items hidden around the restaurant that were listed on the kids menu (scavenger hunt from your seat) so much that he didn't mind waiting on his food in the heat of the day. It is all outside seating, but screen pitch has fans but they weren't all on. The grilled Mahi tacos with house made pico and lime sour cream were simply amazing. Chicken fingers are beer battered & wonderful. Peanut butter fudge pie was great, but didn't care for the coconut pie. We will be back, but in cooler weather, lunch time in mid July is just a little too warm to eat outside without a good breeze.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

NC
“Good burger and tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our first night on Edisto, decided on Jungle Shack, it is really small but were greeted quickly, waitress was good, I had a above average burger, and my wife had the fish tacos, they tasted very good. Overall, will visit again on next trip

Visited July 2013
Thomaston, Georgia
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went for supper and were quickly greeted. Our waitress was very friendly. We ordered a couple of salads (Oriental and Greek), fish and chips, burgers, etc. The salads were good and the regular salad (not mini) was an ample serving. We were seated in the outdoor area since the screened area was full. They charged a 20% gratuity even though we didn't have 8 people. There must be an extra tax because a 1% tax was added. We had no problems with service or the food. All of the employees were friendly.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“I cannot describe how awful the service is here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Words cannot describe the awful service here. I had to ask for a beer three times and even ordered two at once to make sure I got at least one and she never even brought me one. I asked for a second time and finally got one. Food is ok. We waited for 15 minutes to be even talked to once we sat down and no apology was given or even notice taken that we waited so long. There was no way they didn't notice us as we were siting right next to the kitchen and it is a TINY place. will never go back.

Visited July 2013
jsmithEdistoIsland, Owner at McConkey's Jungle Shack, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for this review. Delivering Excellent Service is something we stress with our staff and servers and I would appreciate it tremendously if I could identify the employees working when you were treated so terribly. Can you give me a date and time when you visited McConkey's? Or even better, do you know your server's name or can you offer a description? It is important to me that I resolve this with improved training and instruction if possible. Most of my servers have worked for the restaurant for more than 3 years but we do, out of necessity, hire seasonal workers to fill the need in the summer. I think it is my obligation to work as diligently as I can with these young people to train them to deliver excellent service as well as I can in the brief time they are with us.

I appreciate the input and thank you in advance for any details you can provide.

Jennie Smith
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great burger joint at the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Come as you are for great beach food. Homemade fries, onion rings and great chicken fingers and burgers. Vegans stay home.

Visited June 2013