“Good food- SLOW SERVICE” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Good food- SLOW SERVICE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were there for two hours since my husband had the all you can eat shrimp but it took too long for them to bring out the next plate. Then we had to wait forever for the check. We won't be going back.

San Diego
“Waitress could not have been friendlier”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My experience with the Waterfront was improved by the waitress. Kathy was prompt, friendly and took care of our every need. We ordered the all you can eat "peel & eat" shrimp at $19.99 includes one side. The best thing to get in all of Edisto...shrimp. Our waitress was quick to ask for drink refills and 'adds' for our shrimp. I ordered a cup of She Crab soup, had not tried it as yet on this trip. I found it quite bland. I doctored it up and then found it to my liking. Atmosphere is very plain.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clemson, South Carolina
“The Bartender/ Mixologist "Brad" saved our experiance with the place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We are regular visitors to Edisto Beach. We have dined at the restaurant several times before. We came the Thursday before Easter 2014. The family spring break crowds were here on the island, and The Waterfront Restaurant was not ready staffing wise. When we checked in at 6pm the wait time was an hour plus according to the hostess. They allowed my wife and I to eat at the bar. We were greeted by the Bartender / Mixologist "brad" (short height, brown hair, Female) fast and given our waters fast. However as other's saw we could sit at the bar while waiting the bar filled up fast around us. The bartender tried to do her best, but the servers kept getting in her work space, to-go orders showed up, cause of the hour long wait. It blew my mind to see there was at least three point of sale systems in the restaurant, and every server and manager was using the bartenders machine that was put right at the narrow exit for bartender to leave to get to the kitchen, slowing her down. However when she could get to us she compensated for the poor management not updating the drink menu's with making custom drinks to closely taste like the signature cocktails they no longer have the supplies for. She was funny with not just us, but with every other pissed off customer that came to the bar to eat because the rest of the place was failing miserably. If this was an episode of the TV show Bar Rescue "Brad" would be the hero, while everyone else would be getting yelled at by John Taffer. Bartender could talk to a grown man and woman give excellent beer and drink recommendations, and then make Shirley temple drinks with a smile for kids that with families waiting a long time like us. It was all you can eat wings night and I had the Ranch wings in my first round. They were huge with lots of meat and a good quantity like 12 per round ordered. They tasted good. My second round and I asked for Mild and they came out like they were HOT flavored. Still good but somebody not use to hot hot hot wings would complain. My wife had the flat skillet sirloin they actually were able to cook it medium rare correctly, with the bake potato, green beans and cole slaw. She said all of her food was good despite the 1 hr and 15 minute ticket time. Once again "Brad" or "Bradley" saved our experience with this place and we will come back but only to eat at the bar again just to ensure we get the best service possible.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clarks Hill, South Carolina
“Good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good meal for a pretty good value. Atmosphere is pretty generic and could handle some remodeling. Good for large crowds and families.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Crab Cakes -- Yes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We ordered the crab cakes to share plus an extra dinner salad and were fully satisfied. All crab, no filler. Good baked potato, too. Fast, friendly service.