“Disappointment!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Disappointment!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Pickens are slim in Edisto when it comes to restaurant choices, so my husband and I were hopeful that the Waterfront Restaurant would be half-way decent. It really wasn't. We were there for lunch and the large, nautically-themed dining room was virtually empty. The food was mediocre. The service was friendly and quick, but then we were practically the only patrons! BTW, Waterfront is not water front! I suppose in another visit, we might try it again. But you'd probably be better off grilling at your rental, trying McConkey's Jungle Shack or Sea Cow or, better yet, drive 40 minutes and enjoy Charleston dining!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Knoxville
“Friendly family atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice clean environment. All the food was excellent. Good selection of seafood, steaks, sandwiches, and low country. Highly recommend

Visited October 2013
Augusta, Georgia
“Service and quality have dropped.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

As Edisto goes, the pickings are slim for dining, and my expectations have never been high.. I have been dining at Waterfront periodically since they opened, and I have been reasonably satisfied but lately it just doesn't seem like they care about service or food quality that much.. On my last visit, it was a slow Sunday evening, and there were only a couple of other tables. After we were seated, roughly 10 minutes had passed and one of the staff approached us and stated that we should not have been seated at that table, and abruptly moved us to another table. Fast forward 5 minutes, and our waitress (who was actually very helpful and provided excellent service once she showed up) handed us the most disgusting tattered looking menu's that I had ever seen in my life.. The edges were very frayed, and the menu's were absolutely filthy.

Once our food arrived, some was good and some was very disappointing. The fried flounder was excellent, but the so called "Fresh" Tuna was awful, and much more fishy and ammonia tasting than it should have been. The she-crab soup was served cold, and tasted rancid. The crinkle cut fries that came with the flounder were dry, and tasted like they were fried several hours ago.. Once again, I don't have high expectations for any of the Edisto restaurants, but this time I was very disappointed and do not plan to ever return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Barnwell, SC
“It's on island time...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very good seafood, but sort of slow service. We were there for lunch on a weekday, not many customers, but still 45 minutes from seating to eating. Good value, though.

Visited September 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Dependable year in and year out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We showed up on a busy Thursday night. Staff were hustling to serve everyone, and it was all done with a smiling face. The she crab soup is good. I loved the creamy cole slaw served with the fried oyster and scallops I ordered. Huge portions. All delicious. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2013