“Really good home cooking...what a nice change!” 5 of 5 stars

5553 calhoun memorial hwy, Easley, SC 29640
864-850-3686
Improve this listing
Santee, South Carolina
“Really good home cooking...what a nice change!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Just got back and I'm still full...Green Fried tomatoes! In Charleston, SC you pay $6.50 for them as an appetizer! Rice and gravy was just like my daddy use to make...and the cole slaw is to die for. Chopped really fine...it was my favortie. Much better than the Golden Coral and half the price. We're leaving town tomrrow and may leave later and go back for lunch. Several different meats, lot's of veggies...it was jus great! I try to drink lots of water but my fiance' had sweet tea and I should have gotten the same, it was just right. He's from out west and learning what southern cooking is all about ....this was a great chance for him to taste it at it's best!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Easley, South Carolina
“Really Good Cole Slaw..........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Dined for lunch on one of my recent "off" Fridays from work. Spouse refuses to dine here since our initial trip about 5 years ago when we first moved to the area. When I arrived a little before 1:00PM there were only 3 or so tables occupied. Thought that might be a bad sign as the food just ages on the buffet. Aging food on a buffet is not a good thing.

Mashed Potatoes were instant and luke warm at best. The white gravy had very little taste. Cabbage was bland. The green beans were blah. I wanted some fried chicken. It was down to pretty much nothing when I arrived. I was determined to wait them out. The lady finally brought out some fresh fried chicken after about 30 minutes. That was a long wait for some slightly above average fried chicken. But at least it was hot. The cole slaw was quite good. Now that is not nearly enough reason to come back but it was very tastey.

My bill was $7.99 and you were asked to pay before being seated. I had a soft drink and to get a refill required me to go and search out someone to get it. The soft drink was kind of watered down so it really wasn't a big deal other than I spent money for the darn thing.

I left a dollar tip. Not really sure why I did this, since I did not really receive any table service. Wife laughed at me when I described my second and last trip to Joy's Home Cooking. I will stick with Golden Corral up the street for my occasional buffet trips. It is a bit more expensive but much better in nearly every way.....except for the cole slaw.

That really was very good cole slaw.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Awesome Eats!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I absolutely love this place!

For just $6.10 I can eat all the comfort food I want! It's not some 5-star restuarant so I obviously wouldn't expect extravagant food, but dang this is SUCH A STEAL! I would recommend this place to anyone who drops by Easley, SC or lives in the area.

The cashier lady and the workers are such sweethearts. This is a restuarant where I'll be coming back for more almost every other day!!!

Good job!

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Get a fly swatter when u come! The food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010 via mobile

Get a fly swatter when u come! The food taste microwaved and was horrible. Place needs a paint job and I feel like I was at a nurseing home when I ate there. Dang want come back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
“Just like home...right down to the mismatched plates;-)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

This is a small buffet right next to the Comfort Inn. Dinner for 2, including sodas, came to $14.50 so we can't complain about the price. Unfortunately none of the items have cards saying what they were so I did take a few items that I didn't like -- I can't comment on their quality because they were things I'm used to eating. The fried chicken was excellent. Hubby really enjoyed the potatoes. I liked the sweet potatoes.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere