“Very interesting and unique place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 100 Restaurants in Easley
Easley, South Carolina
“Very interesting and unique place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Bleu Voodoo Grill is definitely a must in the Easley area. The owner, who happens to be a jeweler too displays his original artwork and a gallery of posters, pictures all around a New Orleans theme. My wife loves this place because of the uniqueness and artsy feel. Good entertainment is also provided. Great selection of adult beverages. Oysters and PoBoys are a treat.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Easley, South Carolina
“Louisiana decor with both Bayou and American food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Just enjoyed another great dinner at this restaurant last night! The Cajun Popcorn is always a great start with its hot seasoning and hot Cajun dipping sauce. My husband had the Cajun Shrimp and Grits and I had the special for the night…the shredded pork sandwhich with a spicy and yet sweet dipping sauce-it was so good! We eat here at least twice a month - in the upstairs dining room. Always has different local talent singing and playing while we enjoy our meal. If you get a chance-try this hidden gem. :)

• Visited March 2014
Seneca, South Carolina, United States
“All around great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Food and atmosphere is fantastic! A must try restaurant especially the Gator bites, BBQ Shrimp and Crawfish Etouffee.....delicious!!!

• Visited February 2014
Easley, South Carolina
“A Different Kind of Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have been residents of Easley for about a year now - and had heard about the Bleu Voodoo for a little while now since it's recent opening. We checked out other rating sites such as Urban Spoon as well as Trip advisor in order to get a range of comments and set our expectations for our own personal "try out". One of the things I had read was the sometimes long wait for service so I nipped this one in the bud by getting there as the place opend the door (5PM). We were greeted with a big smile from the hostess and of course immediately seated. Next the waitress was there by our side in a flash taking drink orders. After a good look at the menu - we had a few questions which were answered in detail (about how things were cooked and what's in the dish in general). My wife ordered the smothered chicken with sweet potato fries and salad while I had the Bleu Bayou burger (all burgers are 1/2 lb) with fries. In addition - we were interested in the shrimp and grits so we selected the cup size off the entree list and shared. The food arrived fairly quickly - (note: the salad came with a small container of dressing that already had the top removed*) and was hot. The chicken dish was a large portion of everything - chicken and fries - but the chicken was bland and without much seasoning - maybe because we told them to lighten up on the Cajun hot - but didn't expect this level of blandness. The burger was moist - tasty - and definitely filling. The shrimp and grits were really good and a pleasant surprise from others I had tried. The total bill including drinks (cokes) was $42.00 including tip. I was pleased by the service (BTW - only one waitress for about 10 booths and other tables / sitting bar) but showing up early lessened our wait time so it's something to consider if you go. We'll go back to try other items - but this first time was OK and it was good over all. One other thing - They are open only on Thursday - Friday and Saturday nights and they have a band that plays on Fridays and Saturdays beginning around 8P. I think a lot of folks were starting to come in for drinks and to listen to the band so this is something esle that has the potential to lengthen your wait time for a table or food. FYI

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Easley, South Carolina, United States
“The Atmosphere will treat you as much as the Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have heard that it took the owners 5 years to transform the building into what has now been voted, "Best Restaurant in Easley". The original artwork is fun and downright great in some instances. The themed restaurant has so much more than Shrimp and Grits, Gumbo, and other New Orleans fare. It has the best ribs I have ever had. I have eaten my way through the menu and can tell you that when the burger is named, "Whatadamgood Burger" it better live up to its name. IT DOES. The Fat Tuesday Nachos are something we get every time we go. They have such a variety and the chef will tone the spiciness down from zero (for a wimp like me) to make you sweat for those that want it HOT! All you have to do is ask.
When you go it from the front door facing Main Street, go past the hostess stand and enjoy the artwork as you go down the hall. If you want to eat downstairs, the back bar is the area you want to sit in. If you want to eat upstairs (highly recommended) go on up and there is a hostess stand up there. If there is a table available overlooking the street, ask for it since the trains run and it is just another fun thing about eating here. Take a good look at the details on the bar...the owners did a fantastic job at making this restaurant a unique place for your eyes and taste buds!
There is also live music at least once during the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights that they are open. (I think it is usually Friday, but don't quote me. Better to look on their website or Facebook page for accurate information.)

• Visited October 2013