“Disappointing at best” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Duncan
Wylie, Texas
“Disappointing at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Check in person was friendly (only positive). Room had musty, weird odor. Owners kids rode their bikes around the property all afternoon banging on doors, and crashing into cars. Dead bugs in the bathroom. Not too happy but I guess it's to be expected in this price range :(

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
North Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stay at this hotel several times each year because we have family nearby and it is pet friendly. Our most recent visit was in May 2013 and we were pleasantly surprised to see all of the room upgrades! They have all new bedding, pillows, occasional chairs and new large flat panel TV's! Since we generally stay two to three nights, it is nice to have the in room amenities such as a microwave and refrigerator. The complimentary breakfast offers both cold and hot selections and the coffee is good too! The staff is always courteous and helpful and always happy to see returning guests.

Room Tip: We always request a first floor unit by the pool. They have always accommodated our requests.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Akron, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I needed a place to sleep. This place gave me the best night of sleep on my trip. I slept like I was dead. The breakfast was ok and the staff was nice. I would stay here again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nilesh P, General Manager at Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and am very glad that you had a great stay. I take pride in my hotel and will always work hard along with my staff to provide great service and quality rooms to all our guests. Thank you once again.
Greenwood SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is hands down the cleanest and most courteous hotel I have been in lately! With a great price and great service I will definitely stay here again when I'm working in or around Spartanburg SC! Whatever you do avoid the microtel across the bridge!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nilesh P, General Manager at Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback. I am very glad to know that you had a great stay at our hotel. Hope to see you soon again when you are back in this area.
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Enjoyed an overnight stay at this property! It was nice and clean, plus had a great breakfast in the morning on our way out for a long drive back home. Friendly Staff, great value for the money and located right off the interstate

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nilesh P, General Manager at Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your response. Me and my team feels great that you were very happy with your stay. We take pride in our hotel and will always work hard to make sure our guests are very satisfied withtheir stay. Thank you again and hope to see you in the future.
Westminster, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We came to Tyger River for another softball tournament. We tried another motel closer and more expensive the last tournament. It was not near as clean and I was highly disappointed with the beds. The Quality Inn is Always very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. Can go wrong for the money. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Nice and clean motel for overnights. Honestly I choose this hotel on-line as it was a low price and I was only staying overnight on a business trip to Spartanburg. The only negative that I mentioned to the owners was the pillows. Very soft with little support, one of them had a bad odor and was added to the pile with the comforter. Basic breakfast items. The staff was friendly and the Motel was close to the I 85 but not where you could hear the traffic noise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Duncan Spartanburg West? Share your experiences!