“Great Sub” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Duncan
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Great Sub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This was my second time at this Firehouse. This is a very clean location, food is good and fresh. Manager and staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered the Italian and the Engineer, both in 8 inch portions. Both were very delicious. A Firehouse sub cost a little more than "other chains" but it's well worth it.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Great subs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in to get a couple Ls subs and they were great. She had a club sub and I had the smoked brisket. Both were great and the staff were very nice.

Visited April 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“What was in that sandwich?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have visited other Firehouse Sub stores and they are almost average in what they serve. Today, I tried the one in Duncan SC. I had the Momma's Chicken Salad Sub. When I sat to eat, about a third of the salad had already fallen out of the sandwich. Not a big problem. When I took my first bite, I would have sworn the sandwich was made with bologna. So I dug through the sandwich and pulled out several chunks of "chicken". It still tasted like bologna! I was too far away from the store to take it back, so I resigned myself to eating Momma's Bologna Salad Sub. It was then I noticed something else. This sandwich was overpowered by the onions. I opened the sandwich again and pulled out a literal handful of onion. Perhaps that's how they bulk up the sandwich.

The best part of this sandwich was the side-pickle.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Firehouse Subs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Good sub shop. We often times stop by here after swim meets at the Middle Tyger River YMCA. The local owners always place nice discount coupons on car windows at the swim meet, which is a nice touch on their part. Well done!

• Visited April 2013