We stayed at this hotel for only one night, to break up our drive while on our way to Gatinburg, TN. We chose this hotel because it is pet friendly and they charged us, what we thought was a resonable rate ($35 non-refundable fee) to bring our dog. Most of the other hotels we looked into that were closer to the highway in Spartanburg were charging much higher rates (a lot were charging $75) for a pet fee.
The room we stayed in was a nice size for a hotel room and it was very clean. The bed was OK (a little springy), lots of pillows (choices that had stitching that labeled them as soft or firm), nice sized-bathroom, and it also had a bonus of a mini-fridge and microwave. The hotel also included free wireless internet access.
In the morning, there was a free continental breakfast that had both hot and cold items to choose from. There were also breakfast breads such as muffins, bagels, and cinnamon rolls.
My only complaint is that the walls were kind of thin. We could hear people as they were opening and closing their doors. We could also, unfortunately, here what we assumed were children running around in the room above us ....until after 10:30 pm at night, which was a little annoying.
Overall, we would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pool & spa closed for renovations. Welcome to the Greenville/Spartanburg area. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Duncan offers a great place for the business or leisure traveler, conveniently located between two chief cities. Minutes away from golf courses, restaurants, malls, theaters, the BMW plant and the GSP International Airport. Surrounded by office parks, entertainment, historical sites and a great atmosphere. Local to central cites of Atlanta, Asheville, Charlotte, Columbia, and beautiful mountains. This business area is home to major companies, corporate headquarters, and training centers, such as BMW, Cryovac, Draexlmaier, Hayssen, Lear, Michelin, And the Carolina Panthers training center, and numerous others. Close by lie the colleges of our area, such as Wofford, Converse, Furman, Bob Jones, and others. The hotel houses 75 well-decorated rooms, suitable for any sort of traveler. Offering 2 deluxe suites, designed with full kitchens, separate bedroom, and sitting area, 19 one and two room suites, and suites that feature a whirlpool. Each room provides hard wire & wireless high-speed Internet access. To get your day off with a healthy start visit the fitness center, our indoor swimming pool and spa, or enjoy our Express Start complimentary breakfast offering signature Cinnamon Rolls, Smart Roast Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Duncan (Greenville/Spartanburg) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Duncan (Greenville/Spartanburg)
- Holiday Inn Duncan
- Duncan Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Duncan