My husband and I need a hotel between NJ and Charleston, SC. We used to stay in two different Red Roof Inns in NC. Unfortunately, they have both been converted to another brand. I was happy to see that this hotel recently opened as a Red Roof Inn in Dillon, SC. It is advertised as "renovated." I wouldn't exactly call it that.
On the plus side, this hotel is:
1. Close to I-95
2. Is pet-friendly
3. Has lots of restaurants within walking distance
4. Now has big-screen televisions
5. And front desk clerk (Antoine) was most helpful
6. Won't break the bank
7. Our room was very clean
8. Liked that we could park right outside our room (unlike some Red Roofs where you have to go through a lobby)
On the minus side:
1. The rooms have been painted, new televisions have been added, and new bedding was evident. But the furniture is original and tired, as are the rugs. The loveseat in our room was stained, greasy and had some tears. There were holes in the bureau where the old television was attached.
2. We got the King Size Deluxe Room because it had a large desk/working area. But there was not a single outlet near that desk to plug in computers, charge phones, etc.
3. The fan in the heater unit made an ungodly racket. We eventually had to turn it off to get to sleep.
4. There was a funky smell to the room--hard to say what it was.
Will we stay here again? Maybe. Maybe we'll try the Florence, SC Red Roof Inn instead. We'll see...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Red Roof Inn, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn - Dillon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Dillon
- Dillon Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Dillon