“Old and run down!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dillon
Clermont, Florida
“Old and run down!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good for a night stay, but pretty run down. Close to fast food, gas stations, and I-95. Very small breakfast area, not much to eat. One accessible plug in the room and that was a power strip behind the TV. definetly a no-frills place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My family and I stayed overnigt at this hotel on the trip from NY to Fla. The hotel was very clean, beds were comfortable and had a good hot breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wildwood, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is a great hotel to stay in! We've been here twice now. We come to Dillon several times a year & we use to stay in a previous hotel, but it started to go down hill, so last visit we decided to stay at the Comfort Inn. The staff was so nice! The rooms are nice & clean. The beds were so comfortable. And the bathrooms are very spacious. They serve hot/cold breakfast in the morning. A variety of items to choose from. We will continue to stay here & I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chesterfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Getting a late start to Myrtle Beach from Virginia, we stopped at Dillon for the evening after leaving I-95, before going into Myrtle Beach the next day. We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Dillon. Was pleased with the room. I plugged in the laptop on the electrical outlet which was located at the desk in the room. Very easy to connect once I called the front desk for the password. We had a king room which was very clean, The breakfast not only had a choice of blueberry or original waffles, but also eggs and meats as well as the normal breakfast items. The staff was helpful and recommended to us (when we asked) a local buffet across the street which was "down-home cooking" and inexpensive. The bedding was very comfortable and the room was extremely quiet. The pool was open, but did not use it. After a good nights sleep we then drove the additional 2 hours to the Myrtle Beach area. If you need a motel at I-95 in Dillon area, then I recommend the Comfort Inn on Radford Boulevard.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the first floor only.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Nice looking hotel, a good stop on the infamous I-95 corridor to Florida. Stopped here because we had a dog and needed a pet friendly hotel. (charge $15) Got in late, went to bed. In the morning, we made two discoveries: There was no hot water in our room (152). Reported it to the desk. They said they'd "check it." That did us no good at all as we were leaving. (I reported this to Comfort Inn via their website. I've had no response.) Then I noticed that both arms were covered with a red rash and red welts. Having been nowhere out of the ordinary prior to leaving on this trip, I did not make an additional report to Comfort Inn. However, after two days, I visited the doctor.
Looks like bedbugs and/or fleas and I'm being treated accordingly. Not pleasant.

Room Tip: What looked like cleanliness and value wasn't so I didn't comment. Recommendation is to go...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

At $60 for the "coupon rate", this is overpriced by at least $30. Walk into the room and the first thing you notice is that there is no closet. The hanging rack is so close to the bath vanity that you have to brush the clothes away to get to the vanity. They have internet access, but no electrical outlets anywhere near the table on which you would put your laptop.

So we moved the table to where there was an outlet but when you put a plug in the outlet, it fell out. Obviously the outlet was defective.

The we used the toilet. Also defective. Kept running.

If it wasn't raining cats and dogs all afternoon and evening, would would have asked for our money back and left. We asked for a maintenance person to fix the toilet, but none was available--the front desk person informed us "I'm the only one here, you can move to another room". Of course, this is after we'd unpacked.

This is the last time we will stay in Dillon unless forced to; if forced to it will not be at this Comfort Inn. Choice Hotels, it's time for you to pull the plug on this joint.

Room Tip: If you have to stay in Dillon, get something cheap, like America's Best Value or EconoLodge. Do...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

If you need somewhere to stay here is an ok choice. I was in town for 1 night and there were very limited choices at this exit. The room was average. It was clean and good enough for 1 night sleep for me. Very loud though I think. If you are a light sleeper it ,may not be for you. This is not my first choice of a place to stay but if there is nothing else I would stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn - Dillon? Share your experiences!