“Bit the Bullett, Got Some Much Needed Help” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 12 Activities in Conway
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Bit the Bullett, Got Some Much Needed Help”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am a typical male golfer. I think I can teach myself everything, and my game will naturally get to the PGA tour level. Last week I finally came to the conclusion that I wanted to see if someone could help me out in my weakest area (driving distance). As a local golfer, I have played Shaftesbury Glen many times, and was made aware the last time I was out there that they had established a new golf training center out there. I did not know what to expect, as it had been about 25 years since I had received any formal golf instruction. It was very easy setting up an hour with the lead instructor. When I first met Hugh Royer, he was not what I had pictured him to be, but he turned out to be way better than I could have ever expected. Our hour together was just me and him. He was personable, humorous (I am sure my game made that easier), and made me feel at ease. As for his instruction, I felt like I was being taught by a PGA touring pro (which turns out-Hugh has been). I have kept to the guidelines you gave me on my driving distance, and in a tournament I played two days ago, I noticed a positive improvement. Needless to say, I would very much recommend Hugh and his SC Golf Center. If you have never had a lesson before, or if you are trying to break 80 or 90, you will make the right decision if you choose to work with Hugh. I plan on going back once a month, as the prices are very affordable. Happy golfing.

Visited July 2014