“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We've eaten at many restaurants along the SC coast from Myrtle Beach to Georgetown and this place ranks among the ones we consider the best. The food, service and atmosphere were all excellent and pleased everyone in our family of four including two teenagers. Rivertown is well worth a stop going to or from the beach or a trip up from the beach.

• Visited June 2013

Massachusetts
“CCU visit...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

After a 16 hour drive and a little nap, we picked up our daughter and her friend and headed into Conway to find a place for dinner. We checked out a few other places that looked like dives - we were really looking for low-key, just sandwiches. But we were tired, and this place looked nice, so we stopped in. It definitely helped that we were able to sit on the patio upstairs.
The ambiance in this place is just lovely. From the paintings, to the seating to the plating of the meals. Our drinks were delicious, the shared the crab cake as appetizer, which was excellent, and everyone was quite happy with their food. My daughter ordered the Greek chicken dish - it was both colorful and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Her friend and my husband ordered the burgers - which were top notch. And while $11 is not cheap for a burger, it's also not outrageous. Many a restaurant charges more! I had the Thai Fresh rolls which were tasty, but not as good as my local Thai place.
We definitely plan to go again next time we're down.

• Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Get a reservation and go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good. Fast and friendly service. Everyone's meals were great. Food is a bit pricey but worth it. The atmosphere is loud and it is hard to carry on a conversation over the noise. Reservations are a must on the wait is awful! Save room for their yummy desserts!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woodridge, Illinois
“The best quality food near Myrtle Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I came to Conway for their Rivertown festival, but the rain made us seek shelter inside. We asked a local where the best place to eat was and were recommended here.

We came in early, before they started serving dinner, so we were seated at the bar area. It was actually very nice, with padded booths and a good, low key atmosphere. We ordered some cocktails, which were all delicious. My friends tried a mint julep there, in honor of the Kentucky Derby, which they said was great. We were able to watch the Derby on their flat screen in the bar from our booth, while enjoying our drinks. It was perfect!

Since we were already seated, they let us know that we could move into the dining room if we wanted, but we could also stay in the booth we were already in and order from their full dinner menu. We opted to stay in the booth, for convenience, which was great. We received fabulous service there from the bartender (who doubled as our waiter since it was slower and not quite the dinner rush yet).

The soup was amazing! I would recommend to try whatever the soup of the day is, which is what we had, because you know it will be special. I ordered the scallops and risotto and one of my friends had the lobster tail.

We were staying in Myrtle Beach and I have to say that this was the best food we had during our entire stay there. We got the most delicious food, for a reasonable price (considering the quality and taste of the food). In Myrtle Beach, most of the restaurants are specifically carrying to tourists, which means that they are producing for quantity and not quality. This small restaurant guarantees a great dining environment away from the tourists and packed with flavor and great ingredients. If I go back to Myrtle Beach, this restaurant will be at the top of my To Do list. Definitely a must if you want to see what a great local restaurant is outside of the tourist trap!

• Visited May 2013
“Overated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been here twice and the first time it was excellent, I ordered ribeye and others ordered fish and I must say the steak was made perfect and the service was great but the next time we went my steak was overcooked and tough but figured it was a isolated incident. We did go once again on Valentines Day but my steak was once again not very good. It is a shame and after having two bad dinners I will not be returning.

• Visited February 2013