“Review - 9/2013” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn Columbia SE / Fort Jackson to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Columbia SE / Fort Jackson
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7333 Garners Ferry Road, Columbia, SC 29209   |
Ranked #38 of 93 Hotels in Columbia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Monroe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

After driving for 14 hours with 3 dogs, we finally got there! The rooms were very clean and had no odors. The staff especially the front desk were great. Breakfast was pretty good, loved the waffles. Overall it was a great experience and i will def stay at a La Quinta chain again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff were all really friendly, especially Wolf. He was super nice, always had a smile on his face and told us some great things to do around the area.

If you have the pleasure of meeting him, ask him about his interesting war stories!

As far as the rooms go... They weren't bad. They're clean and no tacky sheets or anything involved! The beds are so comfy, I wanted to bring it home with me! The bathrooms were pretty small and not the most appealing but I've seen worse. I stayed in the deluxe 2 queen beds room as well as the King sized "suite" and it pretty much looked the same just more roomier but same exact bathroom setup.

The pool was small too and always filled with kids so I didn't get a chance to enjoy it. The breakfast is what's expected, Im just always grateful when affordable hotels offer free meals!

One thing that was kind of annoying was the day of checkout, we did get a late start to packing up. We had a do not disturb sign and a couple times they knocked and then opened the door even though we said "we're not quite done packing, almost done though" and still had 20 minutes. Someone knocked the third time and said "it's time to checkout, checkout is at 11." I looked at my phone and it was literally 11:02. It was so silly.

Overall, this hotel is really well priced, clean, and for the most part the staff is really nice. Great place to stay if you're there for a graduation at fort jackson as well.

• Stayed July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My fiancée and I spent the night as a part of a little road trip we were taking. The rate for the night's stay was pretty reasonable, barely coming in over $100 including taxes, which in my eyes is pretty good. The reasonable rate aside, the primary reason I picked this La Quinta over any of the rival local hotels was the absence of any pet fee. We were traveling with our dogs and not needing to pay for our pets to spend the night is very attractive. The internet was free and pretty quick, parking free and abundant, and the location was very convenient for travelers as it was just off the highway and near a bunch of restaurants and gas stations. The hotel is also just about a 10 minute drive from USC if you are staying in Columbia to visit the campus. That being said, it's certainly not on campus, or in the area that the students frequent, so if you want to get a feel for that area, you may want to consider staying elsewhere.

The room was a nice size, the bed was comfortable, and the appliances in the room were pretty new (new TV, modern fridge and microwave). The room was relatively clean, though the carpet did show some stains and the room could have benefited from a more detailed dusting. Still, I did not feel like I was staying in a dirty room, so my advice would be to keep your socks on if such things bother you. My fiancée would suggest I include that the hotel uses the small, square shaped pillows that are very popular in hotels, and she does not care for pillows like that.

All in all, if you are traveling and need a reasonably priced place to stay the night, especially if you are traveling with pets, then this is a good place to pick for the night. If you don't like staying in a hotel that allows pets, don't stay here as there were a good number of dogs staying at the hotel when we were there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very comfortable and homely stay. Conveniently located and is pet friendly. Nice breakfast and I got to enjoy the pool every evening after I was done from my work. I stayed there for 5 nights and my stay was very peaceful and nice. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Overall my stay was very nice. There was a breakfast and the staff were very helpful and nice throughout my 2 night stay. They provided me with a late checkout and helped get me my room for a second night on late notice

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Columbia SE / Fort Jackson? Share your experiences!