“Double Tree Lexington, SC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia

You added Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Bush River Road, Columbia, SC 29210 (Formerly Radisson Hotel Columbia & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Getaway Package
Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
pawleys Island, United States
“Double Tree Lexington, SC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The bed was very comfortable; the housekeeper brought foam pillows for my husband who was allergic to the feather pillows. The only problem we had was our key card would not work consistently in our door. Overall, a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Amanda D,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can continue to improve and ensure that we exceed every guest's expectations. I have shared your comments with our team and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.
Rick Dorman - General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree by Hilton in Columbia, SC. The hotel staff were all very accommodating and helpful. The hotel was clean and I felt right at home. I plan to return every time I come to Columbia.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Terry L,
Thank you for your valuable feedback on your experience here with us at the Doubletree Columbia! Our staff absolutely loves getting the opportunity to serve the guests. We thank you for your business and hope to see you next time you are in the Columbia area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The room was very clean. Staff was very nice, we stayed here with our two children after a visit to riverbanks zoo on our way to myrtle beach. Only downfall was that there was no free breakfast, but we would stay here again. The beds were very comfortable, we stayed in building C on the 5th floor and out room had a balcony with two chairs and a table.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Tina S,
On behalf of the staff and management team, I want to personally thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent accommodation needs. We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a thorough review for our property on Tripadvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here! Thank you so much being our guest and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Columbia!
Suwanee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I only stayed one night for business. The room was very clean and the staff was pleasant. I ate dinner at the bar. My only complaint would be the fact that the bartender seemed to be over worked and service was slow at best. Food was preety good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Jon F,
Thank you for your recent review of the Doubletree Columbia. Our great customer service and clean rooms are the corner stone of our business, thank you for recognizing that as we greatly appreciate it. If I can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let me know. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Goose Creek, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel was very nice, but there wasn't a complimentary breakfast like at most hotels. The gym was very nice and the pool was nice. All rooms are non smoking but the 5th floor has balconies that you can go out on to smoke

Room Tip: 5th floor for smoking
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Denise J,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us! We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. The staff and I thank you for your kind comments as well. We appreciate your business and we can't wait for the opportunity to serve you again!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Free. Laundry.

Word.

I couldn't believe it. I was in Room 144, and ten-feet from my room was an icemachine that was out of order and a stacked washer-dryer that was running free loads 24-7. I travel with Tide Pods for moments like this, and it was glorious. For that alone, I'd highly recommend.

Spend a lot of time in lounge and commons area working. Decent service, fun crowd depending on what's going on in the hotel. I was here for five nights, and part of the time it was a party crowd and part of the time it was a church crowd - doesn't matter to me either way, it was a nice stay.

The room was hella-comfortable, and DoubleTree isn't using those annoying HGI beds that you can adjust that are hard as rocks at any number (I love HGIs but hate those beds).

This property has an Honors lounge for Gold and Diamond, and I took advantage of the decent free breakfasts and the snacks after five. The drinks are cheaper in the bar which I thought was strange, but whatever. The Honors lounge has a weird hostage vibe in the evening, but it also had free bottles of Diet Coke and other assorted sundries, so it's sort of obligatory to go up there and pilfer if you spend a lot of $$$ with Hilton.

I ate at the lounge three times. Once I had the chicken tenders, which were tasty - it's hard to screw up chicken tenders with honey mustard, granted.

I ate the buffalo wings plain - they took nearly an hour to get out for reasons that were never full explained. I ate them - they came with two pieces of celery and one strip of carrot stick - it was the strangest presentation of wings in my wing-eating history.

Here's my one gripe, and I wouldn't mention it except the cost: I ordered the $42 ribeye for supper on Wednesday night, and the slab of gristle that was presented me wasn't fit to be served at a Waffle House (that's not snobbery - I love Waffle House). It was about a half-inch thick, over-seasoned and tougher than a cliche in a Western movie. The waitress never asked me how it was and I was starving, so I ate it and resolved to not ask for a discount.

I told the bartender it was the worst steak I'd ever eaten (hyperbole, but not by much) and she bought me a couple drinks to make up for it.

I've eaten a $40 steak before - they are prime, thick, juicy and don't need a ton of seasoning to hide the fact that they might in fact be horsemeat. I'd recommend the hotel crank that price down to $15 or find a different supplier. Anyone who reads my reviews knows I'm from Tulsa, where we have a half-dozen steakhouses that serve such steaks, and every one of them would go out of business if they sent a piece of meat like that atrocity into the dining room.

Other than that, I had a lovely stay and if I'm ever in Columbia again, will stay there again.

Room Tip: I prefer the lower floors - on the first floor there's vending approx every 20 rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Coolihoma,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can continue to improve and ensure that we exceed every guest's expectations. I have shared your comments with our team and appreciate your feedback and highlights of our property. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.
Rick Dorman - General Manager, Doubletree Columbia
knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel while not in the heart of Columbia SC provides a clean, welcoming and comfortable stay. Breakfast in the dining room is hot and freshly cooked. Bar prices are reasonable. Parking is free. Give this hotel a try if in the area. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Moxie11,
Thank you for selecting our property for your travels and taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one. It is always our goal to make sure we provide each and every guest with a memorable guest experience.
We certainly hope to see you back with us on your next trip and appreciate your feedback and highlights of our property.