“Staff exceptionally pleasant and helpful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, SC

You added Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, SC to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, SC
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Bush River Road, Columbia, SC 29210 (Formerly Radisson Hotel Columbia & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #24 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Clemson, South Carolina
“Staff exceptionally pleasant and helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Room was very comfortable -- very comfortable bed, extra pillows, etc. The staff was especially helpful and pleasant.

Unfortunately, the soundproofing was not effective. I could hear the ice machine dump its ice in the room next door and sounds from the hallway. When I couldn't hear the TV over the AC, I hesitated to turn the sound up to where I could hear it because I did not want to disturb the room next door. (I wish they would figure out some way to allow people to use headphones to listed to TV late at night.)

The bathroom had not exhaust fan -- at least, not one that I could find.

While the in-room coffee maker made very good coffee, it was not under a light and I had difficulty operating it until I asked a cleaning lady to move it to under a light.

On the positive side, the breakfast buffet was quite reasonably priced and included someone making omlets on request. The buffet wasn't huge, but it had want I wanted.

The hamburger sandwich (they have a more elegant name for it) came with a nice selection of toppers, such as mushrooms, onion shreds, three different kinds of cheese, etc. Nice. Only the onion rings were not to my taste.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, SC, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Eleanor H,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Doubletree Hotel Columbia, and for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor! We truly appreciate your comments, as we use all guest feedback to continuously improve moving forward. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
Rick Dorman - General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great employees...always trying to help. Rooms nice and clean and quiet. Great showers! women's restrooms near bridge at lower level was always low on toilet paper and not cleaned regularly. Shouldn't have a MINIMUm characters for review!! This is ridiculous and the last time I do a review for this place!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear 969sherrya,
Thank you for your recent review of the Doubletree Columbia. Our great customer service and clean rooms are the corner stone of our business, thank you for recognizing that as we greatly appreciate it. If I can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let me know. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Raleigh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I always stay here when I'm in town for business. Can count on it for high-quality and consistent care. It's wonderful to have one less thing to worry about when traveling and working. The location next to I20 is easy to find as well as convenient for accessing many parts of Columbia easily.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Lisa B,
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate your comments about our staff and our property. I will be sure to pass your kudos along to the team. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Columbia. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit!
atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

excelllent stay, food was great and even better breakfast. The room was very clean and the maid service was top notch. The breakfast was to order if so desired. Free parking, the gym was sufficient. Free newspaper of area, USA TODAY, WSJ. The entire stay was great, no complaints at all. It was near restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, SC, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Andre B,
Thank you for selecting our property for your travels and taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one. It is always our goal to make sure we provide each and every guest with a memorable guest experience.
We certainly hope to see you back with us on your next trip and appreciate your feedback and highlights of our property.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

To sum it all up, wasn't aware of the 1st floor being primarly where they put people with pets. A guest next door to me had a pet that woke me up out of my sleep, and barked half the night. Called the front desk staff 5 times to remedy the problem, they offered to move both my rooms, but we all were sleep. The manager the next morning when I talked to him offered a couple of breakfast tickets, but we were on our way out the door. I feel like I should have been refunded my money back, no matter how little I paid. It was an inconvience especially finding out the next morning the 1st floor was the pet floor, not being aware of it at check in. And the hotel needs to put microwaves in all the rooms, some people might not want to get food from the restaurant, just an inconvience all the way around. The good thing was at check in Dewayne and the other guy(Nick?) were very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Pamela M,
We strive to offer the best service experience for our guests and I regret to hear that you encountered some issues. Your comfort is our concern and we will be sure to address your comments with our team. If there is anything else I can do for you in the future, certainly let me know. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we can invite you back to our changes.
Rutherford College, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stopped for one night on vacation and found it to be a nice hotel. It is right off the Interstate so it was convenient. It was a little bit run down and could have used a spruce up but it took care of the need at the time so - okay. It has a restaurant within but found it to be a bit pricey for the offerings, so we chose to order in pizza.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, SC, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear DRB91,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can continue to improve and ensure that we exceed every guest's expectations. We look forward to hosting you again when you visit Columbia in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice hotel lobby. 15 min to downtown Columbia, but Room smelled of smoke. Too pricey for overnite stop. No free breakfast. Average size room with tiny bathroom Had to search for pool towels Good for conventions

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rick D, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, SC, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear LindarJ4892EM,
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. I have shared your comments with our team. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further comments. We value your business and hope we'll have an opportunity to serve you again.
Rick Dorman - General Manager, Doubletree Columbia

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbia, SC? Share your experiences!