“very unsanitary, old dirty hotel, The CDC or DHEC need to be called on them” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Columbia

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Columbia to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Columbia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Berryhill Road, Columbia, SC 29210   |
Ranked #74 of 92 Hotels in Columbia
Clover, South Carolina, United States
“very unsanitary, old dirty hotel, The CDC or DHEC need to be called on them”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for one night when I got off of work. The room was dirty you can tell house keeping did a poor job. But the worse thing is when I woke up to shower for work I was standing in the shower and say used soap in the holder. Then I thought to my self they must not have even cleaned this tub then I looked up at the shower curtain to see. A dirty wash towel on it then I was going to hurry in get out since I was already washing and the nasty towel fell into the water I felt sick. I called the front desk and she had the nerve to say not to holler at her I wasn't even hollering wow. I was expressing how serious this infection control issue was I'm a nurse. All I could think about is if this person had AIDS or a contagious disease and had a sore or wound or weeping skin it was on that towel and hepatitis lives for several days on any surface. Then I could catch it since it was now floating in the water I was standing in. None the less who wants this in their water. Yuck, I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Alger, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family and I booked this online as a place to stop and spend the night on our way to Florida. We stayed here on the Friday before Christmas 2011. When we pulled into the parking lot the first thing we noticed was a huge night club right next to the hotel that was very loud and looked really shady. I'm positive there were drug deals going on right in the parking lot with people partying and screaming and yelling. Strange looking men just hanging out on the balconies staring at us too which scared me. Then we entered the room and OMG it was awful. First thing we noticed besides the overall dirtiness of the floor and bathroom was a blood splatter on the wall. The next thing I found was I giant ball of hair on the floor near the bathroom...GROSS! Obviously the room hadn't been cleaned in forever. Then we pull back the bedding to check that out and there are blood stains on the bedding too! It was so horrible but we had no where else to go because it was very late when we arrived. We brought in our beach towels to sleep on top of the beds and my husband and I never slept a wink because we had to keep going out to check our car..we were sure someone would break into it. Do not stay here!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Moncks Corner
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We checked in and within 10 minutes we gave the room keys back to the hotel clerk and headed home. The non-smoking rooms were very muched smoke filled and I am highly sensitve to smoke. There were cigarette burns all along the night stand. Next to the light fixture in the bathroom is a PVC pipe that was dripping water onto the floor and myself when I tried to use the restroom; in which I had to clean the toilet seat off b/c there was some type of residue on it. My husband pulled back the sheets and there was a stain.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SONAL T, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
I apologize you had a less than pleasant stay at our hotel. I am deeply embarrassed you had this experience at our hotel. We are currently an older Red Roof Inn location but we are actively in the process of renovating our rooms to satisfy our customers! I am sorry that the housekeeping team did not fully service a room that had been smoked in back to nonsmoking and your comment about the stain on the sheet. I can assure you that the sheets are all clean at our hotel. The housekeeping team will have to do a little better job checking for any small stains. I have addressed this concern with all the housekeeping team so that this does not happen to any other guests in the future. Thank you for reporting the maintenance concerns you had in your room, we will take care of this. We hope you will give us another chance in the future to serve you better. In about two months all our rooms will have a new fresh look. I hope you will come by and give us another try.
Regards,

Sonal Thakkar, GM
knoxville,TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Checked in late.price was low so should have known it was a dump! Went to room.Looked ok at first went into bathroom and ceiling was totally covered with mold.There were little bugs crawling around the sink.We were tried so we went to bed and my husband woke up with little red spots all over his legs and itching.One day later they are still itching and blistered.I would not stay here again

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize you can an unfortunate evening at our hotel. Our rates are lower to be competitive in the market not because of the condition of our rooms. I wish we had the opportunity to have changed your room when your found the condition of the bathroom. I also understand that it was late and you may not have wanted to move. Please rest assured that we regularly have our pest control company service our rooms like all hotels do on a routine basis to keep our facilities pest free. I am excited to report that our hotel is going through a renovation process. I am confident you will be delighted by our rooms very soon. We hope that when you are traveling again in the South Carolina area, you will consider choosing our location.

Regards,

Sonal Thakkar, GM
Red Roof Inn
North Tazewell, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I had arrived fairly late but needed some sleep for the next day. The woman at the front desk was really nice!! I decided to walk to the room as my family rode the vehicle, on the way I seen a cockroach! I was very disgusted and hoping I did not see one in the room. I walked in and the smell hit you, thank goodness we had some stuff to spray the room! I went to the bathroom and there was holes in the wall and I didn't even know if I wanted to use the toilet much less shower! The shower was gross, it had stains and looked like it was from the 70s. The beds were hard, my back hurt all day! I will never stay at this hotel ever again! The only thing good was the people at the front desk!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
juneau,ak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We checked in to the Red Roof Inn after spending two hours in Columbia looking for a "Pet Friendly" motel. The front desk person couldn't have been nicer, and when we walked into our room we found it spotless. Best of all there was no additional charge for our dog. I can't speak for other locations, but I would highly recommend this Red Roof Inn for the budget minded traveler and especially for those with pets. WELL DONE!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HILLIARD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was first impressed by the warmth and friendliness of the counter person at check-in. On entering my room I noticed it was outdated and worn. I have a prejudice that equates "new and shiny" with "clean and comfortable', so I was put off at first. After spending the night, I realized the room was exactly what I bargained for. An economical, clean comfortable place to rest for the night. I needed a place to rest, and frills were not important to me. I understand there are plans for renovation of this inn, which will make it even more pleasing. I was especially impressed and pleased with "Shelite" who was managing the desk at check-in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!