“Scary and Dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #71 of 93 Hotels in Columbia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was given a smoking room. Smelled terrible and made it difficult to sleep. Everytime the toliet was flush it made a loud squealing noise. Shower did not drain adequately and dirty water accumalated at your feet. Pillows smelled like a stale cigarette. Smoke detectors were disconnected and did not work. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnbushriver, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Your review is greatly appreciated, though it is very disappointing to learn of the bad impression we made with the state of our accommodations. Unfortunately, despite our efforts to ensure that nobody smokes in non-smoking rooms, it does occasionally happen and I hope you’ll accept our sincerest apologies for the smell of smoke that you experienced. We hope that you will change your mind about giving us a second chance and that you will someday return to be impressed by the changes we've made.
Lake City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place appeared good when you drove in. But just gets worse and worse.
Drive around the left side before you pay, and you will see what i mean.
The place was full in the middle of the night, but people kept leaving. I assume because the rooms felt really dirty. So noise all night long - didn't get sleep, should have stayed on the road - or slept in our car. Asked at checkout if they could tie this to our wyndam rewards account - we were told they had no way to look up our account - and pointed to the lobby computer, so we could retrieve our number. I decided not to, i doubt i will ever stay at a days inn again. For $100 this was the most disappointing stay of our vacation, by far.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel. We are deeply distressed to discover the lapse in service you experienced during your recent stay. I assure you that each issue mentioned is being investigated and addressed and we thank you for taking the time to point out the areas where we can improve upon the guest experience. I hope you will change your mind about seeking out new accommodations in the area and that you'll give us another chance to restore your faith in our hospitality and service.
Washington, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was gross. We had no choice but to stay here due traveling issues and the golf masters happening there wasn't any other vacancies. The hotel staff was wonderful and kind with getting us our room however; the location of the hotel was very secluded and scary... Carpets, furniture, and box springs were disgusting... We barely slept as we were afraid of what was crawling around in the room and what was going on outside...

Stayed April 2015
I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are working hard to address these issues and improve upon the guest experience. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.
Sydney, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked this Days Inn on line.Big mistake! The location was terrible and the room was another story.It looked like something out of the 60's.We would not sleep under the sheets.The bathroom was terrible and we were very disappointed. We left at 4;00 am.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
daysinnbushriver, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I am terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel and that you weren't thoroughly impressed with the location of our hotel. I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services, though we thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! I've stayed in nicer hotels for less. I would never recommend anybody to stay here. There were people talking & slamming doors all hours of the night. The smoke detector was disconnected-thank God there wasn't a fire! The room door was off, letting in bugs/air/noise. Cigarette holes in bed sheet. Lumpy bed that sags in middle. Cable outlet was out of wall with exposed wires. Furniture & walls inside/out were scratched, dirty, with major cracks everywhere. The room wasn't clean. TV messed up. Floor was uneven & squeaky. Bathroom sink handle broken. Towels were wet even though we hadn't used them. The fan/heater/air conditioning didn't work right. Parking lot dirty with a bunch of junk piled on side of property with abandoned building. Bathroom door wouldn't close. I asked for a room in the back months ago, but was given one in the front. They were full, so couldn't even changed rooms if I had wanted to. Manager only argued with me when I told him about all the problems I had.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnbushriver, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia, responded to this review, March 24, 2015
Your review is greatly appreciated, though it is very disappointing to learn of the bad impression we made with the state of our accommodations. We are deeply distressed to discover the lapse in service you experienced during your recent stay. We thank you very much for letting us know so that we can effectively address this incident and ensure that it does not occur in the future. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the difficulties and I am hoping that you will give us another chance to provide you with a far better experience in the future.
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

Booked online for Queen non-smoking. Desk person said the booking people made a mistake and I would have to pay an extra $4 for King non-smoking- I booked through their website. Any other hotels I have stayed would have written off the measly extra cost as it was their mistake. Room needed renovating. On lower floor and floor felt like it would cave in. Bathtub was either dirty or had a permanent stain. Couch which I think folds into bed was caving in. Hotel located in bad area and difficult to find. Very noisy guests in other rooms. Did not feel safe. At least the bed was clean for the one night, but I would never stay there again. Only other good thing was it was next to a mall with Walmart. Breakfast was adequate but poorly supplied.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
daysinnbushriver, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Columbia, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent stay with us such as housekeeping issues wherein you had encountered dirty and stained bathtub, as well as noisy guests. I am very happy to discover that you found our bed clean and our location is near to Walmart. I am very sorry to hear of the miscommunication and inconveniences that you experienced. Reviews like yours are extremely helpful in our ambition to continuously improve upon the guest experience and I hope you'll return to see how we grow and evolve. We also appreciate your comments regarding the ways that we can improve upon the guest experience in our hotel and we want you to know that the matters you mentioned are being addressed. It is our sincere hope that you will one day return to see how your comments have affected our direction in reaching our ultimate ambition of giving each guest a five star experience.

Been to Days Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!