I was here to do research at USC, and I had a good experience. The hotel was quiet, pleasant, and the staff was helpful. The room was nice and the bed was comfy. The TV was good and while it didn't have a lot of channels, it was enough. The wifi was fast, free, and effective, and they didn't charge me for parking.
The problem is the parking lot is TINY. There are barriers in almost every spot and the cars are all really close together on the first level. Make sure to go to the SECOND level. I ended up scraping a car with my car door because of the tight spaces, and that ended up costing me a pretty penny to fix the other car's paint job. Ugh. So just park on the second level.
The staff was really nice. The first night I caught there, there was hair in the bathroom, but I took the front desk and they fixed it immediately, and I had great cleaning the rest of my time there. So that was nice.
The breakfast at the hotel is a bit pricy, so I would just say walk over to the USC campus and eat at a coffeeshop or breakfast place there.
In short, nice hotel and if you need to be at USC, you can't beat the location. Nice experience--I'll be here again if I'm in Columbia.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Columbia Downtown At Usc Hotel
- Courtyard Columbia Downtown At Usc Hotel Columbia
- Marriott Columbia
- Courtyard Columbia
- Columbia Courtyard
- Courtyard Columbia Downtown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Marriott Columbia Downtown at USC is located in the heart of the University Historic area within walking distance to the Colonial Arena, Columbia Convention Center, Koger Center, State Capitol and The Vistas Entertainment District. Amenities include a new state of the art Fitness Center, complimentary Guest Appreciation receptions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 5 to 6:30 with free beer, wine and appetizers and free wireless internet access throughout the Hotel. Complimentary transportation is provided to the Vistas and Five Points restaurants as well as neighboring businesses. Cocky's Bar provides libations Monday through Saturday evenings and a dinner menu is offered Sunday through Thursday nights fromt 5-10pm. The Courtyard USC also has complimentary access to the Capital City Club, a private restaurant and bar on top of the tallest building in South Carolina! Courtyard Columbia is the premier sponsor of USC Gamecock Athletics! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Olotels, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Downtown at USC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.